Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simple gap takes 1.5 days to repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upon delivery of my Y there was one panel in the rear that had a gap. Nothing major. Looks like it wasn't secured in place. I scheduled a repair three weeks out. That's today. I dropped off my car at 10am and now it's 3pm. Rep just called saying it may take until tomorrow. I'm confused. How does a simple panel alignment take 1.5 days? There is nothing functionally wrong with the car. I work in real estate management. It was difficult enough to schedule a day without needing to drive. Confused on how a repair can take 1.5 days.

Is this normal? I'd rather just take the care back now and leave the small gap.

Upon delivery of my Y there was one panel in the rear that had a gap. Nothing major. Looks like it wasn't secured in place. I scheduled a repair three weeks out. That's today. I dropped off my car at 10am and now it's 3pm. Rep just called saying it may take until tomorrow. I'm confused. How does a simple panel alignment take 1.5 days? There is nothing functionally wrong with the car. I work in real estate management. It was difficult enough to schedule a day without needing to drive. Confused on how a repair can take 1.5 days.

They probably got backlogged with other repairs that were scheduled before yours. Happens all the time. The paranoia goes into overdrive with new cars. Just relax and let them finish the job.

It's a leased Tesla. Nothing to do with paranoia, I just need my car. There was nothing wrong with it, just a small gap the rep said I should repair. I drive 14k a year as a property manager. It was difficult enough to schedule my day without a car today. I have six meetings tomorrow and Uber isn't going to cut it.

Was just wondering if it was normal for gap repairs to take this long.

Took my MY for door alignment at Syosset SC and the whole lot was full with Teslas waiting for work done. They had a tech work on my car first since it was just adjusting the striker. I believe they try to work on the issues that can be remedied quickly first. Depending on the back panel, it might require removal of other panels first.

It's a leased Tesla. Nothing to do with paranoia, I just need my car. There was nothing wrong with it, just a small gap the rep said I should repair. I drive 14k a year as a property manager. It was difficult enough to schedule my day without a car today. I have six meetings tomorrow and Uber isn't going to cut it.

Was just wondering if it was normal for gap repairs to take this long.
If it takes more than a day, ask them to call you a rental from Enterprise. Uber isn't the only option.

Be glad you’re not in NJ. They had a backlog of 150 cars, and it took then 3 days to do anything on my car after dropping it off on my appointment day. They had to replace a sensor, and charge port door.