Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Since upgrading to 2023.6.11 this week I’ve had restricted regen braking. Can anyone advise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all

Since my software updated this week I’ve constantly had restricted regen regardless of outside temp or state of charge. I’ve no idea why as haven’t had this occur prior to the software update.
AB23DFF7-0288-4FBA-BE64-66BD7335EDDA.jpeg

Hello all

Since my software updated this week I’ve constantly had restricted regen regardless of outside temp or state of charge. I’ve no idea why as haven’t had this occur prior to the software update.
View attachment 928588

Historically I have seen regen limits come in circumstances that are a bit of a surprise. It's highly unlikely that this is an issue. However, when you say "constantly" do you really mean all the time even on a long journey or do just mean at the beginning of each recent drive? If it really is constant and this behaviour doesn't change after a 2 button reset ... and a sleep ... then it would be worth contacting Tesla Service for their assessment. They can access some parameters remotely which can add to their understanding of what may be going on.

Historically I have seen regen limits come in circumstances that are a bit of a surprise. It's highly unlikely that this is an issue. However, when you say "constantly" do you really mean all the time even on a long journey or do just mean at the beginning of each recent drive? If it really is constant and this behaviour doesn't change after a 2 button reset ... and a sleep ... then it would be worth contacting Tesla Service for their assessment. They can access some parameters remotely which can add to their understanding of what may be going on.
Hi, yes it’s been constant since Thursday when the software updated. I’ve just driven 40 miles on this journey and it’s been restricted the whole way. I’ll try the 2 push reset

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
a 40 mile trip is nothing. It’s a big old battery and I’ve done trips of an hour or so without it getting warm and removing the restrictive regen symbol. My battery is knackered though and likely being replaced next week but we shall see going forwards.

I also noticed an unusual extra time for full regen to become available since this update, even after preconditioning with battery heater.
Yes ... even makes me wonder if there's a "summer season" element to software updates that changes i.e. the weather at the moment is not cold in a winter context but is cold in relation to summer ... just a thought! I've known regen restrictions in previous years in spring/summer at temperatures where you would never get a cold warning if at that same temperature in the middle of winter.