Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single Women Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is awesome. I love all the views, perspectives, personalities, and general fun sensibilities. Thanks. And islandbayy, you are a hotty, and if I were at a time in my life where 2 little kiddos would fit in nicely, I would flirt with you like crazy hoping for a connection. :love:

But at 51 with kids 1 year out from grown and post stage 3 cancer, I am looking for a wilder and crazier life, unbridled from anything more than where my little dog and I can enjoy life.

Ok, I feel this thread has drifted enough off the main question to chime in. I don't own a Tesla (because I can't drive), but as anyone who has ever met me, or even talked to me knows, Tesla is my passion, been following the company since 2008. I joined this forum and went to TESLIVE last year because I was driving all my 'regular' friends crazy when EVERY conversation I would redirect to "Tesla this" "Elon Musk, that"....I needed to find some likeminded friends.

So, for the record: single woman, Tesla ENTHUSIAST/investor (not owner), and I like Techie Talk...

So gals, does this mean I can be 'one of the guys'?

:wink:

I am brand new here, and a single woman. Just confirmed my Model S for late June pickup. Wondering how many single women own or are waiting for a Model S. Are we rare like unicorns?

Welcome to TMC! There are plenty of female members around but it's not always possible to tell from the usernames. The men tend to identify themselves in amusing threads such as this one.

I think your status as a single woman is rare here...
You think...but you might be wrong.
nobodyknowsyoureadog.png

You are pretty rare here but a very welcomed addition. :)
See cartoon above. Keyboards are a great leveller, you have no idea if you're talking to a man, woman, pick your shade of ethnicity or just dealing with a very clever dog.

This might be the time for a poll (if not yet done) on who made the decision to buy: completely unilateral-male, completely unilateral-female, unilateral with support, and joint.
There's been lots of discussion on this before, and there might even be a poll somewhere; the overall result was that men mostly bought the car after getting permission from their wives. Of course, that may (or may not) have been skewed by potential bias within TMC membership.

So basically, what is implied by Nigel's comments, is we don't have to self-identify as 'single women' or 'married women', just 'non-neanderthal

;)

Author's note: in my experience the true % of non-neanderthals on this forum is very high, male, female, transgender, who cares?, the MAJORITY of TMC folks are awesome!

OK, I will venture in, trepidaciously...

Both of our Tesla's were initially my idea, but my wife was involved literally from day 1, and enjoys the cars absolutely as much as I do. I would not even buy the Roadster until she had test driven it and been swept up in the Tesla love affair.

One of the things that initially cemented our relationship, while we were still courting, was me recommending to her that she buy a new 1991 Miata. She adored that car and only recovered from selling it when she drove the Roadster.

She once did a career talent assessment thing, and one of the jobs she was deemed most suited for was race car driver. I can't wait for her to meet Bonnie, Leilani and other powerful women at Tesla Connect this summer.

As for our brave and playful new member, the OP, brava!! Enjoy this new fun-loving time in your life! You are absolutely right-- the test drive in no way communicates what ownership will really be. It is MUCH MUCH better. I predict a very hot summer ahead for you!

Welcome!

My aunt drove their purchase, she enlisted my assistance in the "justification."

Welcome, Em!

Bonnie, I think it's rather cool that Em is highlighting her demographic. There are a lot of stereotypes to break down and this - women wanting cool, tech cars and that too, single/independent women - is one of them.

You never know. If Elon starts making men, you might fall in love again.

And, welcome aboard amame4me. You are pretty rare here but a very welcomed addition. :)

Really like your writing style Em, please keep it up. Very cool to see single women innovators/early adopters, we need you all to be vocal and get your excellent example as much exposure as possible. Visibility of your positive experience and your thinking is what will entice the early majority in your demographic to follow.

Multiple choice:
a) I made the decision
b) I made the decision, and my wife gave me her blessing
c) I made the decision, but my wife gave me permission
d) I made the decision, after wearing my wife down with so much Tesla talk she finally gave me permission
e) all of the above

IMHO I don't believe a family expense of the Model S's value should be decided by only one of the partners, unless there's some kind of shared home expenses plus separate bank account thing or money is absolutely no object.

And welcome all to the Tesla family!!

g.) I made the decision, but husband had been saying I should get one for a while, but it is ultimately my car. We do shared home/family expense + separate bank accounts for our own things, so I bought the car using my bank account. The separate account works for us because we have vastly different spending habits (he spends a lot, I spend a little) and I didn't want to argue about what he was spending.

I did. White. Thinking of calling her Bianca. The dog is Daisy. As far as a wrap, I actually had a very, very, very, very fleeting shameful moment imagining a chrome wrap. Silvery chrome. :redface: But no. Just white.
Apparently I'm blind. Somehow I missed the part before the dash in your options list. Mea culpa.

I'm not a fan (even pre-Bieber) of chromed out cars -- both gaudy and safety hazard. Now, brushed aluminum I could maybe go for. It's still a little gaudy but not a safety hazard (IMO).

What made me first start thinking about it was the video of the Tesla factory. The bodies going into the paint area. They were so beautiful and pristine and chrome-ish colored. Almost wrecked it seeing the paint go on. Too bad they can't just clear coat the raw metal. The chrome wrap was not like that and yes, I wondered about the safety of having blinding shine, especially since I live part time in AZ. Not so worried about WA where I live the rest of the time.

Last edited:
Another single female owner here. And I think this is a cool topic - I met two other single female Tesla owners at the "All Roads Lead to DC" event in February, and had a good laugh with one of them over how many guys ask her "so did your husband buy you the car?" Is that just a passive aggressive way of asking if she's taken? or anachronistic chauvinism?

I also find it funny because I was indulging in major Tesla time with a friend in Baltimore who somehow blustered out: "yeah, but Tesla won't succeed as a girl car, guys don't care about being green, they need to win a NASCAR race." Obviously, I didn't know my audience. I gave him a test drive - he wants to show it off to his other guy friends.

Last edited: