Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single Women Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am brand new here, and a single woman. Just confirmed my Model S for late June pickup. Wondering how many single women own or are waiting for a Model S. Are we rare like unicorns?

I am beyond excited to have one of my very own. Test drive was nice, but really didn't give me the feeling I hope ownership will. I think it's funny how I dream about it during the night and fantasize about it during the day. I spent more than a few hours lurking around here lately.

For me it's so much more about the experience of owning the car than the car itself. It's about supporting EV. It's about being part of this funny geeky community. It's about not buying gas again. It's about the amazing purchasing experience and the superior service experience I have heard about. It's about not going into a dealership filled with anxiety that I will be gouged, shamed, yelled at, condescended to, coerced etc. Bc even the no-negotiation dealers feel cheesy. And maybe it's just a tiny bit about being able to flirt with all the Tesla-curious men that might gather at the sight of my Model S. Not a lot about that, but it will be fun!!!
:wink:

I ordered:
White - I am thinking of calling her Bianca
S85, 19" Primacy Tire, Pano ,Textile, Matte Obeche, Fog Lights, SubZero, Tech, Dual chargers, SmartAir Suspension, Parking sensors, Parcel Shelf

This is a sort of YOLO thing for me. I currently drive a Prius that I have loved for 4 years now. I will pass the Pree-pree onto my son.
Single gals, let me know you're here!

Em

I guess that after three years of fighting stereotypes of 'women can't park|drive|whatever', whenever a woman has a mishap (but nary a word when it's a man driving from the same people), I really don't want to see gender highlighted as the most important attribute. Put yourself in my heels for a minute :). It's one thing to mention the demographic, it was the fact that it was the headline that caught my attention.

I have never fought stereotypes about women and driving. I am 51 years old, and no one has ever, ever dared to suggest that I suffer from any gender caused driving issues. And if I did, I would see it as so pathetic and insecure that I would probably giggle (like a girl). I read an article in some men's health or something magazine where they matched driver's self confidence at driving with their ticket and accident records and found the cockier the driver, the worse they were at driving.

I searched for single women as a search term on here before I posted to see if there was any mention of this before. There was one cute thread about it that amused me.
This thread has ended up being just what I hoped for actually. Fun, funny, teasing. So there you go.

I put marital status to separate out the women who co-own Model S's. But maybe that was an error on my part. Any woman who is the primary driver of the purchase was what I was getting at. I have seen many mentions of the wives of Model S owners and their experiences.

And as far as gender, the username is no indicator of gender in and of itself, and I was curious.

Thanks for making it fun gg_got_a_tesla...

welcome to the Tesla family. You will love the car and you'll have many people come up to you asking you about your car. Maybe some of those are cute guys LOL

it's funny, I just talked to a single lady at work about cars and when she said she is getting a new one I suggested the Model S. She liked the savings on gas and size but she said it would be such a 'manly' car. Never saw it that way, but I kind of can see her point. On the other side what makes a car manly or girly?