Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Siri shortcuts not working on Apple Watch (but work on iPhone)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am completely puzzled by this issue that i have been having time and time again and cannot for the life of me find the issue, let alone the solution.

In the Stats App (awesome app btw!!), under " Siri Shortcuts" i have created various shortcuts like "Open the frunk" and "Unlock doors". When I use them on my iPhone X (i say "hey siri" into my phone, and say the command) they work fine. I see the popup on the phone from Stats Apps saying it executed the command.

The problem is, often times my phone is in my bag and i want to use Siri from my Apple Watch to do the same thing, it doesn't work at all. Siri from my apple watch says "I do not recognize that command." Grr. None of my Siri shortcuts work on the Apple Watch. i find this frustrating. i have to take my iPhone out and get Siri from there, say the command and for some reason that works. Annoying. I often want to use this when i have my hands full of groceries, i'm out with kids and i want to easily unlock it or open frunk without having to get my phone out. Not sure if it is an Apple issue or what. I thought Siri was the same whether you called it from Apple Watch or iPhone but apparently not, and that is puzzling.

any advice welcome.

i am completely puzzled by this issue that i have been having time and time again and cannot for the life of me find the issue, let alone the solution.

In the Stats App (awesome app btw!!), under " Siri Shortcuts" i have created various shortcuts like "Open the frunk" and "Unlock doors". When I use them on my iPhone X (i say "hey siri" into my phone, and say the command) they work fine. I see the popup on the phone from Stats Apps saying it executed the command.

The problem is, often times my phone is in my bag and i want to use Siri from my Apple Watch to do the same thing, it doesn't work at all. Siri from my apple watch says "I do not recognize that command." Grr. None of my Siri shortcuts work on the Apple Watch. i find this frustrating. i have to take my iPhone out and get Siri from there, say the command and for some reason that works. Annoying. I often want to use this when i have my hands full of groceries, i'm out with kids and i want to easily unlock it or open frunk without having to get my phone out. Not sure if it is an Apple issue or what. I thought Siri was the same whether you called it from Apple Watch or iPhone but apparently not, and that is puzzling.

any advice welcome.
Check with the Stats developer.

With the recent Tesla App update (2023.26.8), looks like it populated the Shortcuts app on the iPhone with common Tesla commands. They work great using Siri on the iPhone, but for the life of me, I can't get them to work on my apple watch. Any suggestions?

Same problem, frustrating since there are so many times I would like to use the watch vs my phone, like when my phone battery dies or I’m walking to the car with my hands full. However I’m not really surprised, I’m sure Tesla will say it’s a security issue or something like that, but honestly, I bet it’s just how much labor they put into making ownership enjoyable. I really don’t need another game, I would however like a well thought out Apple integration (the watch shortcuts would be a good start, but if they are not going to let me use Apple Maps, then bring back the ability to at least plan on my laptop and send it to the Tesla Nav system for example). I’m just so tired of having to dig out my phone for little things like that. Oh as long as I’m on a rant, why do I have to take my eyes off the road so I can press three different buttons to turn my lights on? I can open the charge port (does Open the Butt Hole still work?) but no voice command for the lights?

I’ve gotten them to work on the watch (through the phone, I don’t have an LTE watch). In the shortcuts app there is a place to select what goes to the watch. But that’s so they are tappable.

But even the ones that aren’t on the watch work when I say ‘Siri- open my trunk’ . I’ve made a shortcut called ‘open my trunk’ and selected the Tesla shortcut open/close trunk to ‘play’ but I had to tell it which function, open in this case, and which car as we have two on our apps.

Same with closing the trunk. Strange thing is - Sometimes it doesn’t open all the way, or shut all the way. Also, I almost always get the message ‘function timed out’ or something like that on my watch. When I use the app on the phone to do anything with my car it works fine the first time with no such message. So something is happening in between the Siri command on my watch and the car.

Create your own shortcuts to use the Tesla commands, make sure you select variables so you’re not prompted to select ‘open or close’ for example and name it something like ‘Open Carname trunk’ and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_5495.png
    IMG_5495.png
    426 KB · Views: 18