Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went the 3D printed mount route like @dude7 and stuck the antenna pointing upwards right over the Tesla Logo in the center top of the hatch glass.

I had 0 cuts to the signal today on my commute in. I see no reason to change the location and/or mounting style now. I'm done with playing, it just works.

Thank you everyone for all your help, I now have fully functioning SiriusXM in my Y, and my 2-year-old can listen to his MoonBug radio on our 3 hours of commuting per day directly from the satellite, regardless of my cell reception. I originally was streaming it from my phone (I have a couple cell dead zones on the commute).

Now... If Telsa would fix the icon issues (missing, or incorrect) that have been pointed out, and add back the manual entry of channel numbers I would be set. There are work arounds, but a hassle when driving.

Picture from behind the Y with the hatch open:
IMG_6071.jpeg

From the inside looking back from the passenger seat:
IMG_6072.jpeg

As @dude7 said, you cannot see the mount from the front seats, the C-pillar covers it. So only the passengers can see it, or if someone was sitting in my 3rd row (7-seater Y) they would have it right in their face.

Thanks everyone! I got a few more reception drops with the antenna in the "tight squeeze" spot. I didn't remove the antenna housing or anything yet, so I'm wondering if the opaque black coating on the glass partially blocks the SXM signal. I'm reasonably happy with the 3D mount for now. It works great, is completely invisible from the outside of the car, and most importantly, makes no permanent modification.

If someone wants to continue this search for a completely hidden spot, I'd be very grateful.

no worries. that's my one issue with @dude7's write-up, telling people to try it with ryzen cars and report back...that's just telling them to waste their time and money. we've tried it multiple times on the 3 forum (including someone who tried it on a Y). it doesn't work.

they're still trying to figure it out and seem to be making progress, but as of right now there's no reason for anyone with a ryzen car to even attempt this.

heads up: SXM changed a bunch of channels around in their lineup this morning. double check your favorites and move them around accordingly if needed (unfortunately this also means a lot of our channels are going to be mislabeled until tesla decides to update them, which may never happen considering holly hasn't been on 104 since christmas 2021 and yet it's still labeled as such in the car).

heads up: SXM changed a bunch of channels around in their lineup this morning. double check your favorites and move them around accordingly if needed (unfortunately this also means a lot of our channels are going to be mislabeled until tesla decides to update them, which may never happen considering holly hasn't been on 104 since christmas 2021 and yet it's still labeled as such in the car).

I can’t get Disney and even with the back door way of getting Moonbug Radio (tune to a channel below that’s close and move the left wheel to the right one channel at a time to get there), it didn’t work…

My channels are all good, but my son’s channels are all jacked up. Resorted to streaming Moonbug Radio from my phone today.

I can’t get Disney and even with the back door way of getting Moonbug Radio (tune to a channel below that’s close and move the left wheel to the right one channel at a time to get there), it didn’t work…

My channels are all good, but my son’s channels are all jacked up. Resorted to streaming Moonbug Radio from my phone today.

they moved it way down the lineup, if you're looking for it on 307 you won't find it there. same with disney...

Moonbug Radio (formerly ch. 307) is now on channel 136.

Disney Hits (formerly ch. 302) is now on channel 133.

they moved it way down the lineup, if you're looking for it on 307 you won't find it there. same with disney...

Moonbug Radio (formerly ch. 307) is now on channel 136.

Disney Hits (formerly ch. 302) is now on channel 133.
Awesome!!! There actually are tiles for the channels now, so even though Moonbug Radio has the incorrect label (traffic channel) I can actually make it a favorite and get to it without having to trick the system. No more glitches in the Matrix!!

I‘m happy, thank you SXM!!!

Awesome!!! There actually are tiles for the channels now, so even though Moonbug Radio has the incorrect label (traffic channel) I can actually make it a favorite and get to it without having to trick the system. No more glitches in the Matrix!!

I‘m happy, thank you SXM!!!

what software version are you on? there is a report on the model S forum that 2023.32.8 breaks favorites again...

Sequentially. But I‘m ok with that. At least we get all the channels that way. I don’t mind using the favorites screen.

ok yeah, that's a no go for me. it's supposed to cycle thru favorites, unless you're on a non-favorite already (then it goes sequentially). you can still get all the channels if it's working as intended, because the buttons on the screen will still go up and down sequentially. the whole idea is that if you're cycling through channels with the steering wheel, you probably want to just go thru your favorites vs if you want to actually look through each channel, you're more likely to do that on the screen. the manual says the steering wheel button is supposed to cycle thru favorites.

this was broken for over a year before they finally fixed it a few months ago. super annoying that they've broken it again.

ok yeah, that's a no go for me. it's supposed to cycle thru favorites, unless you're on a non-favorite already (then it goes sequentially). you can still get all the channels if it's working as intended, because the buttons on the screen will still go up and down sequentially. the whole idea is that if you're cycling through channels with the steering wheel, you probably want to just go thru your favorites vs if you want to actually look through each channel, you're more likely to do that on the screen. the manual says the steering wheel button is supposed to cycle thru favorites.

this was broken for over a year before they finally fixed it a few months ago. super annoying that they've broken it again.

When there is a channel that doesn’t show up on the tile (correct image or not) I couldn't get to it without bring able to scroll through non-favorites.

Before they moved Moonbug Radio from 307, I couldn’t get to it (because there was no tile at all for 307) without being able to scroll outside of favorites. I would tune to 303 or 306 via the tile, then hit right on that wheel to get up to 307.

I’ve been on 2023.32.9 the entire time I got SXM working.

It really would solve a lot of problems if they simply allowed manually entering the channel number and/or allowed voice tuning by channel number.

When there is a channel that doesn’t show up on the tile (correct image or not) I couldn't get to it without bring able to scroll through non-favorites.

Before they moved Moonbug Radio from 307, I couldn’t get to it (because there was no tile at all for 307) without being able to scroll outside of favorites. I would tune to 303 or 306 via the tile, then hit right on that wheel to get up to 307.

I’ve been on 2023.32.9 the entire time I got SXM working.

It really would solve a lot of problems if they simply allowed manually entering the channel number and/or allowed voice tuning by channel number.

you can still go sequentially using the buttons on the screen. the scroll wheel also goes sequentially if you're on a non favorite channel, but if you're on a fav it should cycle thru the favorites.

Reactions: JayPaul