Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sitting in Body shop for 7 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S has been in body shop for 7 months
the part is a sensor that we are told is arriving... but never does. ( Penske Logisitics LLC the delivery people are impossible to get hold of ( less than tesla) but are not interested in helping.
there is no way to contact customer service as you know and not sure how to contact a parts department .
Any idea what i should do next.
the rental coverage is depleted.
the accident was not my fault at al land the other person was underinsured so they wanted to tootal the vehical and give me a pittance.

If you can get the part number, you might see the cost/availability from Tesla and/or eBay. For Tesla, you order parts through the app and indicate you'll pick up the part (i.e. hold it at the local service center). They don't usually (ever?) ship to you, so if you don't specify they may send a mobile service tech to deliver (and it may cost more). I've had great luck with ordering odd parts and if not in stock, they usually appear within a week. Of course, there are going to be exceptions, but worth a try. I've often found new parts from Tesla are cheaper than used parts from eBay - so don't assume eBay is a bargain.

You might also find out what the sensor is for. Can the work be completed without it and the car be useable without it temporarily until the part arrives?

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Thanks for advice.
They won’t let me remove car as it is “unsafe to drive “
It was driveable before the guy hit my back bumper !
Thanks for battery advice. They put it in “service mode” so I could not track it. Once it got down <10 but I called and have been doing so every so often.

How do you order parts on the app?
I see “service/request service

Part is
EPC- 2462938-1 1127504-13-D USS UPA AXIAL,DCR,ASSY,DEEP BLUE

They keep telling me it is meant to be delivered by Penske Logisitics and I called multiple people there : no answer or no help. They said to call Tampa Tesla parts. Yeah right. Try get through to them !!

Thanks for advice.
They won’t let me remove car as it is “unsafe to drive “
It was driveable before the guy hit my back bumper !
Thanks for battery advice. They put it in “service mode” so I could not track it. Once it got down <10 but I called and have been doing so every so often.

How do you order parts on the app?
I see “service/request service

Part is
EPC- 2462938-1 1127504-13-D USS UPA AXIAL,DCR,ASSY,DEEP BLUE

They keep telling me it is meant to be delivered by Penske Logisitics and I called multiple people there : no answer or no help. They said to call Tampa Tesla parts. Yeah right. Try get through to them !!

I would pay out of pocket for a tow truck to go and get it vs. leaving it any longer with those bozos.