Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Skidpad practice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

slcasner

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2011
Sunnyvale, CA
I'm now down to the wear bars on all four tires, so I'm about to replace them. But before I do, is there some place in the SF Bay Area where a person can legally get in some skidpad practice? (I recall a note from wiztecy about a similar exercise at a particular street intersection, but that sounds a bit dicey to me.)

Schedule yourself in for a skidpad session:
TD.com Schedule

You know I was being sarcastic about that video right!? Hope you know I've got more knack and skills to jump a Roadster :)

Sheez, one can't even take a Roadster over a bad road to bridge transition... let alone jump it. Anyways.... video shows some wild drifts in the city with some awesome footage. If you're sponsored who cares about how many parts fly after a jump as long as you got the shot! Its not your baby but a serigate so use it and abuse it.

Last edited:
Haha, wiztecy I know you were joking. That video was seriously awesome, and I have no idea how they got half of the city shut down to make that video.

Yeah that was impressive. Wonder what they had to pay to get the Golden Gate bridge closed for a few minutes. I watched the video about making that video and they said the city knew it would get millions of hits so they cooperated assuming it would generate tourist visits. It's full of iconic SF sites. When he did the barge burn-outs they had a crew of rescue divers on hand in case he skidded off the edge.

- - - Updated - - -

This video also has some good ideas for you slcasner. It's one of my favorite Roadster vids. Love the scene where he pulls into the gas station.
http://insideevs.com/video-tesla-roadster-driven-maniacally-by-hollands-fastest-man/