Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker and Alexa??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize I'm really asking to push the envelope here ...
It would seem as though Alexa and Slacker aren't friends? Of course Amazon Music competes with Slacker, but there are other areas of competition that don't keep Amazon from healthy 'coopetition'.

Has anybody had any success getting your MS created stations from being discoverable on Echo?
In other words; I request a song while driving. Slacker makes a station out of it. Wow, this is a really good station Slacker came up with.. I'd like to get that in the house as well.

Thoughts??

To further what thimel said; you can play your slacker station on your phone and connect the phone bluetooth to an Echo Speaker. Echos do not natively support Slacker Radio, probably because pandora has exclusive agreement. Echo also does not currently allow Bluetooth sources to play to echo groups (sync'd music across multiple echos). Slacker Radio support is one of the few areas where Google home and chromecast really beat out the Echos.

Amazon has added a skill to Alexa for Slacker Radio. I quickly added it and connected my premium account. Nice! However, I have several custom stations on Slacker and so far Alexa isn't recognizing those when I try to play one. :(