Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker on demand not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When they added Spotify you can no longer play any song by voice. It only will try to do a search and you have to select it by hand.
Is this confirmed? Just wondering because I’ve recently noticed that slacker no longer seems to get the song I request, even if I’ve never asked for that song before. Been trying to avoid having to pay for another premium account (already pay for pandora), but may have to, to be able to request songs by voice.

Is this confirmed? Just wondering because I’ve recently noticed that slacker no longer seems to get the song I request, even if I’ve never asked for that song before. Been trying to avoid having to pay for another premium account (already pay for pandora), but may have to, to be able to request songs by voice.

Hi fseir, I think there are two different things being discussed here.

First, a recent software upgrade made a user-interface change such that if you search for a song that has an exact match (e.g. voice command: Play When Doves Cry by Prince) it will still not automatically play that song - instead the best possible matches will come up on the screen and you have to select the song you want to play. Before this change, it would automatically start playing the best match, you wouldn't have to tap on the screen. Many people are complaining because now you have to take your eyes off the road which defeats the whole purpose of using voice commands.

Second, I have personally have noticed that I can no longer select any song on demand with my slacker account (even if I've havent asked for the song in a week). Instead it is defaulting to playing songs in a similar genre. So after getting an exact match and click on When Doves Cry by Price, it plays a different song. This started about a week or two ago for me - prior to this I never had any problem playing a song directly, as long as I didn't request it twice within a few days.

I posted a separate thread about this behavior (wondering if my Tesla slacker account got downgraded to Free Slacker somehow) and so far no one else has chimed in with similar experience. The other thread is here : Slacker downgraded to free slacker? in case you want to post there.

• Helpful
Reactions: fseir