Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker plays at 64kbps and that's it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded to plus and contacted slacker asking about audio quality.
this is what I got:

I got slacker plus. What quality will it play in my model 3?

Frank S. (Slacker Radio)

Jul 20, 10:28 PDT

All music with Slacker on Tesla plays at 64kbps, regardless of subscription level. If your Tesla includes the high quality audio package, this quality can be increased to 128kbps by enabling the option in your car. (If your car doesn't contain this option, then you cannot adjust the audio quality.)
Best regards,
Frank
Slacker Radio Support

there go $30 down the drain

Doesn't that mean that it plays at 128kbps rather than 64kbps since all Model 3s so far have the Premium Upgrades Package with enhanced audio?

Still, even 128kbps seems pretty low.
from what I gather from other postings, it is 64kbps unless your device can set it up to something higher.
cancelled my account, got my $30 back

I upgraded to plus and contacted slacker asking about audio quality.
this is what I got:

I got slacker plus. What quality will it play in my model 3?

Frank S. (Slacker Radio)

Jul 20, 10:28 PDT

All music with Slacker on Tesla plays at 64kbps, regardless of subscription level. If your Tesla includes the high quality audio package, this quality can be increased to 128kbps by enabling the option in your car. (If your car doesn't contain this option, then you cannot adjust the audio quality.)
Best regards,
Frank
Slacker Radio Support

there go $30 down the drain
I got the same answer from Slacker: the in-dash Slacker system in Tesla does not play high-quality audio, regardless of your subscription.

Yes, paying for a higher Slacker bitrate is a waste of money. It doesn't exist.