Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleeping while charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a post about sleeping while charging in a forum. I can't find it now but yes, I would absolutely sleep at a charging station... and I have slept at a charging station. It's taken 10+ hours to charge my car and you can bet your sweet bippy that I pulled out my airbed, tied up my window treatments, turned on camp mode and went to sleep. I don't need a gun... I'm not freaked out by my own shadow and I'm a 40+ year old woman. Honestly, whats the difference between camping at a camping location in your car or camping at a charging station? As long as I wasn't the only car there, by all means --- I'm not paying $200 to sleep for 10 hours while my car charges. Please.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Big Earl and Tiger
There was a post about sleeping while charging in a forum. I can't find it now but yes, I would absolutely sleep at a charging station... and I have slept at a charging station. It's taken 10+ hours to charge my car and you can bet your sweet bippy that I pulled out my airbed, tied up my window treatments, turned on camp mode and went to sleep. I don't need a gun... I'm not freaked out by my own shadow and I'm a 40+ year old woman. Honestly, whats the difference between camping at a camping location in your car or camping at a charging station? As long as I wasn't the only car there, by all means --- I'm not paying $200 to sleep for 10 hours while my car charges. Please.
Owning a gun & being "freaked out by your own shadow" are not inextricably linked as you indicated. We're in agreement on everything else.

Saving $200 is very reasonable!. I, however, carry at least one gun daily. Just my 2c.

I would seek to relocate away from a country/state in which I would feel the need of owning a gun.
XAkjviN.gif

Middle aged lady chirping in.

I have slept while charging at destination chargers outside malls. This in various countriesin Europe.

I have covers for the windows and hang a blanket over the front seat headrests so that I get my privacy. And I'm very discreet not drawing any attention to me or my car being used as a bed.

Never scared. Or any bad experiences.

But I have been woken up by a group of men standing outside admiring the car and talking loudly about Teslas.

I would seek to relocate away from a country/state in which I would feel the need of owning a gun.

I made this same comment to some concealed carry people that I know. "If you feel the need to carry a gun with you everywhere you go, why do you go to those places?" They just scoffed and said I didn't know what I was talking about, but then couldn't provide an explanation. they didn't even attempt.

I still want someone to explain that to me. Why does a person choose to go to a place that they feel unsafe visiting without a gun?

I made this same comment to some concealed carry people that I know. "If you feel the need to carry a gun with you everywhere you go, why do you go to those places?" They just scoffed and said I didn't know what I was talking about, but then couldn't provide an explanation. they didn't even attempt.

I still want someone to explain that to me. Why does a person choose to go to a place that they feel unsafe visiting without a gun?
Isn't that kind of the point though? If I knew where bad things happened before they happened wouldn't I just not go there? Do you think that there's a specific area and time that bad things are permitted to happen? Would you agree that being prepared for anything and also making proper decisions to avoid potentially bad situations if at all possible is the best course of action?

Listen, this isn't the topic of this thread. At all. Not sure why your so bent on having this conversation which is entirely off topic in this discussion. If you really want to discuss it (and not just shout your personal beliefs at everyone w/o listening to them) I would suggest starting another thread with the topic you want to discuss. Let's keep this thread on topic w/o getting into personal beliefs.

I’ve car camped three times so far - all during COVID. I used a roll-up camping pad and just curled up in the back with the seats folded down.

I just got a Tesmat mattress and the full complement of Evannex sunshades. The camping experience should be much better now.

Reactions: SilverGrey
Isn't that kind of the point though? If I knew where bad things happened before they happened wouldn't I just not go there? Do you think that there's a specific area and time that bad things are permitted to happen? Would you agree that being prepared for anything and also making proper decisions to avoid potentially bad situations if at all possible is the best course of action?

Listen, this isn't the topic of this thread. At all. Not sure why your so bent on having this conversation which is entirely off topic in this discussion. If you really want to discuss it (and not just shout your personal beliefs at everyone w/o listening to them) I would suggest starting another thread with the topic you want to discuss. Let's keep this thread on topic w/o getting into personal beliefs.

Look, the original poster to this thread brought up guns. It's definitely part of this thread about security. But similar to your need to have a gun, you apparently feel attacked in this discussion. I'm not shouting my personal beliefs without listening to others - others aren't responding when questioned.

If you're wanting to be prepared for anything, wouldn't it make more sense to carry a med kid and a fire extinguisher? Or wear a vest and helmet?

Billions of people have walked this planet without a weapon and never needed it. What makes you different?

Look, the original poster to this thread brought up guns. It's definitely part of this thread about security. But similar to your need to have a gun, you apparently feel attacked in this discussion. I'm not shouting my personal beliefs without listening to others - others aren't responding when questioned.

If you're wanting to be prepared for anything, wouldn't it make more sense to carry a med kid and a fire extinguisher? Or wear a vest and helmet?

Billions of people have walked this planet without a weapon and never needed it. What makes you different?

You have a point there.

Oh boy... this isn't going to end well but I'll go down the forked path at least one more step to see if people are interesting in understanding or just convincing which is more often the case in America today.

It's not about being prepared for "anything" as you put it as that's really not possible. It's more about being prepared for "most things" and being responsible for things within your power to control, if possible. Important distinction that is important to realize for some: Not everything is within your control... even with a fire extinguisher, med kit or firearm. That doesn't mean that people can't prepare for 95% of the issues they may face.

Every day we make compromises based on our safety. To some, wearing a seatbelt is an easy thing to do that could save your life. The action of putting it on is minimal and it's a decision that most people make even though they don't plan to get in an accident when they set out on their journey. Should we call them all out & call them "freaked out" or paranoid too? After all (if I can take artistic creativities with more of your phrasing) billions of people have put on their seatbelt and never needed it.

Oh boy... this isn't going to end well but I'll go down the forked path at least one more step to see if people are interesting in understanding or just convincing which is more often the case in America today.

It's not about being prepared for "anything" as you put it as that's really not possible.

Those were originally YOUR words, not mine. "Would you agree that being prepared for anything and also making proper decisions to avoid potentially bad situations if at all possible is the best course of action?"

It's more about being prepared for "most things" and being responsible for things within your power to control, if possible. Important distinction that is important to realize for some: Not everything is within your control... even with a fire extinguisher, med kit or firearm. That doesn't mean that people can't prepare for 95% of the issues they may face.

And a handgun takes care of 95% of the issues you're going to face? I think that number might be smaller ...

Every day we make compromises based on our safety. To some, wearing a seatbelt is an easy thing to do that could save your life. The action of putting it on is minimal and it's a decision that most people make even though they don't plan to get in an accident when they set out on their journey. Should we call them all out & call them "freaked out" or paranoid too? After all (if I can take artistic creativities with more of your phrasing) billions of people have put on their seatbelt and never needed it.

Oh yes we definitely make compromises on our safety. Simply living is a risk of injury or death. But being prepared for accidents is not the same as being prepared for personal attack.

This is hilarious (in a highly gruesome way) but I can't find statistics online of just car wrecks - the only thing I'm finding is vehicular deaths. What a morbid world we live in. Regardless, the NHTSA claims nearly 15,000 lives were saved by seatbelts. I'm having trouble finding statistics for reduction in significant injury. I've personally been in probably a dozen car wrecks as driver or passenger, and witnessed first hand dozens more, where the seatbelt prevented significant injury to occupants. I'd be interested to see what kind of statistics there are regarding personal defense results involving fire arms or other weapons.

Seat Belts

2019 Fatality Data Show Continued Annual Decline in Traffic Deaths

Personally I wear a seatbelt in the car. I don't wear a helmet when I bicycle. I don't have a fire extinguisher in my house (but I have four in my boat ...! (*sugar* those probably need to be replaced)). And I don't carry any form of personal defense other than my own situational awareness.

I am 100% on board with people's right to have and carry firearms. In fact I believe it is essential for the security of the entire world, not just the individual or the nation. But I want people who do carry to have a very firm understanding of why they do. If they carry a gun because they think carrying a gun makes them safe(r), they're doing it wrong. You carry a gun because you are prepared to kill someone who provides a reasonable threat to you or someone else's life, and you KNOWNINGLY put yourself into that position. A gun is an offensive tool. It is used to harm someone or something else. And I think too many people carry them considering them as a defensive tool.