Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slight give in brake pedal, intermittently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would that impact the pedal travel/feel? I'd think I would just need to stand on the pedal more, but that's not the case.

In my experience with this car, pedal will feel soft and will have increased travel with glazed pads. I'm reading/searching and seeing people say that glazing causes a stiff pedal, but that hasn't been my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: gcmak
In my experience with this car, pedal will feel soft and will have increased travel with glazed pads. I'm reading/searching and seeing people say that glazing causes a stiff pedal, but that hasn't been my experience.
yeah my experience has been stiff pedal or in dramatic cases, you reach the bottom of your pedal travel to the floor and you're still unable to lock the tires. Happened in my Honda Fit during a panic stop from 80mph on the highway. A pad swap fixed it - nothing else was done.
i distinctly remember on one run at autocross, i came in too hot for a turn, and i ended up standing on the brake and felt a give/pop in the pedal...things felt softer ever since that corner.

Probably can't or won't find the answer till I start changing parts. Usually with glazed pads, I see some discoloration on the rotors but mine are legit still brand spanking new. The course I ran on was super short/small - I lapped in ~40 seconds...haha.
If it were more of the high speed and large courses I can understand. Anyways I appreciate your input. If I ever figure out what happened, I'll update!

Reactions: destructure00
Brought my car into SC today. Tech acknowledge the softer pedal feel and suspects because hard braking had been done that it sometimes dislodges/introduces an air bubble in the lines. They tell me they're going to bleed the system to see if it helps.

Brought my car into SC today. Tech acknowledge the softer pedal feel and suspects because hard braking had been done that it sometimes dislodges/introduces an air bubble in the lines. They tell me they're going to bleed the system to see if it helps.

That doesn't make sense to me at all, but who knows. Hopefully that will fix it for you. Keep us updated.

Reactions: gcmak