Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow charging question?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F5B3B3C5-63A9-4251-B6DE-C203E5238B59.jpeg View attachment 516513 Hello! I use a Tesla HPWC, and for the most part I always get 11kw charging, and if I am around 65-70% charge it will take between and hour to and hour and a half to charge, which is fine.

Today I set my limit to 100% because I was going to be driving a longer distance. I noticed the following in the screenshot below, and it just did not seem right. Not sure if something changes when it’s set to 100%. I have not done a reset for the screen yet, just took the photo, and wanted to get some opinions. Still shows 11kw but is showing 50 minutes to get 5%!?!?

View attachment 516513 Hello! I use a Tesla HPWC, and for the most part I always get 11kw charging, and if I am around 65-70% charge it will take between and hour to and hour and a half to charge, which is fine.

Today I set my limit to 100% because I was going to be driving a longer distance. I noticed the following in the screenshot below, and it just did not seem right. Not sure if something changes when it’s set to 100%. I have not done a reset for the screen yet, just took the photo, and wanted to get some opinions. Still shows 11kw but is showing 50 minutes to get 5%!?!?

It will slow down as it gets closer to 100%, which is why the estimate is longer than you’re expecting.

Reactions: Kennymb5384
Had mine take 25 minutes to charge the last 1%. I’ve only done 100% like 4-5 times in 14 month, and it had been awhile since my last one.

I tend to stop at 95-96 for long trips these days unless I really feel like doing a rebalance.