Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow puncture in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any advice?

Our car only has 3500 miles on the clock so clearly the tyres have plenty of tread.

But we have a slow puncture in the rear-left tyre.

Normally, we would just get it repaired - tenner and sorted... but both local garages refused as they said the tyres have special noise cancelling foam that makes the job too much hassle.

According to the Tesla website the tyres can be fixed... but noone wants to touch the job.

Any advice?
Do I just have to suck it up and get a new tyre for >200 quid which is irritating (and not exactly environmentally friendly either)
Ideally anyone know anywhere in Glasgow that will try the repair?
As a wee update - I did find a garage - Saltyres - they were brilliant and happy to repair the tyre for 12 quid. Thoroughly recommend them,, Really don't know what the big deal was for the other garages... just cut the foam out they way as required.

As a wee update - I did find a garage - Saltyres - they were brilliant and happy to repair the tyre for 12 quid. Thoroughly recommend them,, Really don't know what the big deal was for the other garages... just cut the foam out they way as required.
it feels like there are two kinds of garages at the moment. Those who think it's no big deal and those who flat out refuse to contemplate it 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: John1501
Just experienced a puncture ( first ever!) in the rear left tyre...nail in the middle of the tyre so repairable.

I have MYLR on 19s with the supplied Hankook tyres...just to confirm these are not run flat tyres and can therefore be repaired?

Third puncture today in only 4.5k miles, think a new tyre is required as its right on the edge. Never had so many punctures in such a short space of time.
Going to avoid Hankook and give something else a try i think.
IMG_8109.jpeg

What’s that, is it a stone? I had something similar at the same place but the right rear!
Yes it is a stone, i've had two left rear and one right rear puncture all caused by stones. Should be getting two new tyres fitted tomorrow if they come in, have gone for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 for £365, was thinking of getting some Nankangs if they need changing so often! Will see if it was the weight of the car or the Hankooks being susceptible to punctures.