Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. First post here. Please admin , move if posted is in the wrong tread .

So, I own a small car lot . I bought a 2015 Tesla Model S with 49k Miles at an auction for a good friend of mine.

Once the vehicle got delivered to us from the auction , I noticed one of the rear suspension very low compared to the others.

I called the local Tesla dealership to see if I can make an appointment to have the car inspected and repair the rear suspension which still under warranty.

The problem is that they want proof of ownership.

The car is not registered yet. We have a bill of sale but title still under previous owner’s name. ( in our state , we don’t need to have the title printed in our name before retailing ).

My question is: Can we get the Tesla repaired under the dealers name without being registered by our customer?

Thanks for the help, Kevin.

Where is Malden? Massachusetts? No reason to hide yourself :D

I would hope that a Tesla Service Center (not dealer, as someone will point out if I don’t) would accept your Bill of Sale if that’s how things are done there.

Can’t be the first time someone not the ‘end user’ needed repairs done.

Where is Malden? Massachusetts? No reason to hide yourself :D

I would hope that a Tesla Service Center (not dealer, as someone will point out if I don’t) would accept your Bill of Sale if that’s how things are done there.

Can’t be the first time someone not the ‘end user’ needed repairs done.

Yes, MA. I will call them back on Monday and go from there . Looks like the service center in Needham is 2 weeks out from first appointment , maybe Watertown is faster, who knows, as long as they take the car in, I don’t care.