Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small Flies on Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A19C5D57-3C25-450C-A05B-3B36980DA6A9.jpeg D1DBFD30-7C49-4C9D-82C3-CBDAFB96612D.jpeg I’ve had dozens of small flies on my Pearl White paint since this weekend and it has lessened significantly since. The car’s clean so I looked it up and it looks like a known issue caused by phototaxis (attraction to light) since white reflects more light than other colors.

I picked up the car on the last day of last year and have been driving around the SF Bay Area where it’s been raining recently. I believe its first wash was last week at service and I don’t think it was waxed. They say the fruity smell of wax can attract flies.

Anyone else in the SF Bay Area, specifically South Bay, experiencing this with Pearl White?

Not sure about the flies part, but get that bird poop off your bumper asap unless you had it ceramic coated! Sorry, that's the detailer in me watching out for you.

+1000!

Bird poop is the devil. If left to dry you'll need to have the affected area(s) polished, likely even cut/polished to completely clear the etching up. Get it while it's wet (soo gross).

Ceramic coating will also help with your fly problem. They'll have a much hard time sticking to the paint or at worst, they should come off with a quick spray of a hose.