Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got a very unfair third strike that I do not understand. Please help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure to put brake pads on same side they were before you remove them .
Anyway it will be markings on brake pads from caliper and back plate ,back plate will be glued to pad as you can see from pictures.

Attachments

• 20240325_111649.jpg
    20240325_111649.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 9
Make sure that electric motor caliper is far inside if not we use 9volt battery with some leads and connect motor to go in or out as you wish.so we put piston more inside,remember you cant use any pliers to compress piston because its electric.

Attachments

• 20240325_111636.jpg
    20240325_111636.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 12
FYI, forum etiquette is to make 1 post at a time per thread, or edit your post if you need to add something to it. Multiple short posts just stacks the thread and makes it hard to page through.

Also, you should probably make a separate thread to discuss the brake stuff, that all seems unrelated to this thread's topic.

Reactions: teslexus
FYI, forum etiquette is to make 1 post at a time per thread, or edit your post if you need to add something to it. Multiple short posts just stacks the thread and makes it hard to page through.

Also, you should probably make a separate thread to discuss the brake stuff, that all seems unrelated to this thread's topic.
sorry didnt know about that rules for posting i was just trying to help a bit ....i get ;more happy after servicing brakes
you are right should be different thread just for 2023 tesla y brakes how to.....

anyway i just try to make point that brakes are more important than autopilot.

The nag is getting absolutely ridiculous. Fortunately, I've found that wearing sunglasses fixes a lot of it. Occasionally, I even wear them at night now. I'm over getting nagged for adjusting something on the screen or looking out the window. Sometimes I'm looking straight ahead, and it nags me just for fun. I feel like it's just screwing with me sometimes.

The nag is getting absolutely ridiculous. Fortunately, I've found that wearing sunglasses fixes a lot of it. Occasionally, I even wear them at night now. I'm over getting nagged for adjusting something on the screen or looking out the window. Sometimes I'm looking straight ahead, and it nags me just for fun. I feel like it's just screwing with me sometimes.
You can also cover the interior cam if you're just using basic autopilot (not FSD). That causes the system to revert to a purely time-based system for registering attentiveness.

I DID COVER INSIDE CAMERA. after 10 min driving on express red stering wheel appears and annoying warrning sound

yes that should be strike .but after i went to autopilot menu and it is not showing that i have 2 strikes is still showing 0.

tried to call cust service but nobody answering almost 40 min.so i dont want to waiste my time waiting on rep to clarify strike.

just purchased nice sunglasses and will try using those as you recommended.

Looks like there are no tight restrictions on nag and short camera coverage ,while on Fsd.
Tesla was going a bit easy regarding strikes while on FSD mode.FSD on avarage profile is a bit more aggressive in taking off and switching lines to match your preset speed.
Question is now why tesla is not doing strikes so often comparing to autu steer mode??
20240330_234958.jpg

Attachments

• 20240330_234934.jpg
    20240330_234934.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
FSD need a lot of improvement on round about.Using FSD without navigation preset will take you always to right turn if any coming up.Fsd is interesting feature but is too expensive. I hope tesla will listen any comments regarding FSD and hope tesla will modify algorithms and provide better and more safe driving. Personally i am now thinking that Tesla is so picky when using autosteer than when you using FSD..I got only one notification during FSD usage as you can see from picture comparing to autosteer every 1 min.or so.

DEFINITLY FSD IS NOT worth THAT MONEY and if Tesla trying to force you to buy FSD because of too many strikes while on Autosteer mode just dont buy it.

Switch to basic cruise control and enjoy life on a different way.

I am thinking in future all cars will come with FSD as part of standard configuration same like rearview cameras on all new cars.
Cheers.
20240330_235415.jpg
20240330_235306.jpg

Last edited: