Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small Turn signals and no Fog lamps on Model 3

Are the turn signals on the front adequate ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 seems to have small & inadequate turn signals in the front ,as seen in the picture below of a RC.
IMG_0059.jpg

Also below when DRL is on , the yellow corner light activates with a small white led ( which seems to be acting as an extension of the DRL's ) , hence no fog lamp . Feels inadequate and won't help drivers in front of the car to notice ,what do you think ?

IMG_0061.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: ikjadoon
I haven't actually seen them in action so it's hard to say. Fog lights are one of those optional items many cars don't even have - but for basic things like blinkers don't they have to meet some kind federal safety regulations in order to make it on a car? I mean didn't some Fed department have to sign off and say yeah this will be fine?

Can't remember the last time I used fog lights for their intended purpose. Nowadays, good quality low beams do a much better job.
And LED turn signals are SO MUCH BETTER than standard bulbs that they can afford to be a little smaller.

Elon, if you're reading this, don't worry about it.

That yellow part has been replaced by white drl's . Look at the blue release candidate, the yellow strip at the bottom of the light is the turn signal
How do you know? They've been known have blinkers that don't look yellow until they are actually on... They can do that with LEDs you know.

I'd be interested to see an actual video of a Model 3 front the front with it's blinker on...

On the same car as the pic I posted on the reveal looked white too:
Tesla-Model-3-reveal-2-760x391.png

I doubt they changed it from white to yellow to white....

You cite the blue RC but the white one (seen after the blue one) doesn't have that. We simply cannot infer the final design from the RCs because they are just that: Release Candidates

Last edited:
Seems like we're worrying about nothing here. Like people said, what appears white may be yellow when needed to flash or light up. Also, if you haven't seen the blinkers or fog lights working on a release candidate you may be again - worrying about a non-issue.

Seems like we're worrying about nothing here. Like people said, what appears white may be yellow when needed to flash or light up. Also, if you haven't seen the blinkers or fog lights working on a release candidate you may be again - worrying about a non-issue.
Exactly, I don't believe anyone has any video of turn signals in operation, so we don't really know how it will be. I believe the turn signal light is under the bottom "lid" in the headlight. If look at the picture of the blue car in the first image, it is clearly amber lit. Looking at the next picture of the white car, it is not lit up.

The actual purpose of the lower light is most likely inner amber part is marker light/city light, accent light in the middle like the S and X have, and the outer white part is the fog light.

Until we see actual footage, all we are doing is guessing and speculating. Or in other words, another typical day in the Model 3 forum at TMC. :p