Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Smile, You're On Camera Stickers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After watching some video of people keying Teslas, I think I might apply some small decals like this on the backseat windows:

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 10.12.00 AM.jpg

It's only a deterrent if the vandals know about it. Anyone done that?

After watching some video of people keying Teslas, I think I might apply some small decals like this on the backseat windows:

View attachment 497963

We have the exact same stickers on our mailboxes. You can spot them from pretty far away. So it is possible that your car was not a target but the guy saw the sticker and accepted the challenge and pull down his hoodie and key your car just to prove a point.

We have the exact same stickers on our mailboxes. You can spot them from pretty far away. So it is possible that your car was not a target but the guy saw the sticker and accepted the challenge and pull down his hoodie and key your car just to prove a point.

Right. I worry that the snarky, "Smile. You're on Camera" could trigger someone.

I ordered some of these (4" x 2.5").

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 10.57.50 AM.jpg

View attachment 497963

You'd assume that the idiots can read.
You'd assume that they could comprehend what they read.
You'd assume that they even care.
You'd assume that they wouldn't key your car just to get on TV!

I mentioned these awhile ago and still like them the best, from TheDashCamStore:

Warning Sticker | Audio and Video Recording In Progress | Transparent

says what needs to be said and still in an elegant manner to compliment our cars. While TeslaCam does not record sound (at least not now), do not see it as being a problem mentioning audio and sound is recorded. And if you decide to add a tradition dashcam (as some have) it would have you covered.