Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh cool, another post that demonstrates that you have no idea what the adults in the room are talking about. It's not about selling here. It's about the toxic nature of these posts and running off contributing members of the community that make this forum a beneficial place for users to be.

Instead, it ends up being far fewer members who all share the same mentality as you: screw everyone else, I'm a jerk because my parents didn't raise me right and, unlike my status in the real world, I get a false sense of superiority when I treat others like crap online behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

It's people like you who cause us to need rules in the first place. If people treated others with respect this sort of thing wouldn't be necessary to maintain civility.
It's time to end this thread... life is not always going to be fair, so get over it and move on. ;)

1627754839724.png

• Love
Reactions: cucubits
“Over-deliver”? At what point does the “over-deliver” become “endanger”? When the AEB forces a stop 10-feet before a collision? 20 feet? 50 yards? Whatever the distance, document it accurately and spare people the “over-delivery”.
You are genuinely clueless about what the phrase "under promise and over deliver" means. Look it up. And like a lot of people on this thread you're tilting at windmills.

• Disagree
Reactions: T-Mom
Yeah so the routine is he calls me asking for advice. I give advice, he goes off and ignores all advice without telling me anything, then comes back when there is an issue asking me how I would fix it. That's pretty much the dynamic. I ask him to text me updates on what he's doing before he does them, but he doesn't like text or email. I do get random phone calls at 11pm here and there with no voicemails though!

He's in iceland atm so that won't work. The main issue is there is a disconnect between my advice and strategy and what the 100s of people tell him to do that he does without asking or telling me. It's chaos. It's kind of like the Timeline thing in loki. Just branching off like crazy and I'm the time police.

Anyways when he returns from his vacation we're going to be discussing him taking a more passive role in the business so he can go work somewhere and get more experience because it's not beneficial to anyone to have him not putting in 200% on this business and to use it as a learning experience. At the end of the day, what is the point of having Jason being an active 50% partner in a company if I end up having to pretty much do or fix 99% of the work and problems.

At this point he just forwards me emails sent to him without CCing the person emailing him and I have no idea what's going on and it's just silly.
Then perhaps you shouldn't be business partners....starting NOW. Who is @tshields who is @TShieldDesigns, I still think they are the same person but what ever. And to think you tried to put me on blast by ridiculing your business process...LOL GTFO miss me with that BS.

• Disagree
So, you'd rather it did what it said in the manual, and actually run into the car in front even though it could manage to stop, you would rather it just ran into the car in front, just to prove your interpretation of the manual?

That's rather perverse logic.

-----

If you actually read the paragraph, as a paragraph, rather than picking individual sentence, or words out of context, it is talking about what AEB is 'Designed' to do. It's "Not designed to prevent a collision" [from the front or the rear]. [In terms of It's design] At best, it can minimize the impact of a frontal collision by attempting to reduce your driving speed.

So, it specifically states, its not DESIGNED to prevent a collision. (Be that a collision from the front, or in this context, neither from the rear). It doesn't say that is "SHALL NOT" prevent a collision, when it is possible. It says that it's purpose isn't to prevent the collision.

It then goes on to say "Minimize" the impact of a frontal collision, by 'Attempting' to reduce your driving speed. Minimizing the frontal collision to '0' impact, is surely successfully minimizing the impact.

-------

So, although it's not designed to avoid the collision (at the front, or the rear - or the side for that matter), that does NOT mean that it is obligated to have a collision if it is activated. That would be a particularly perverse reading.

The fact that a rear collision also occurred, is actually what the Warning particularly highlights as a likely outcome.

"Depending on Automatic Emergency Braking to avoid a collision can result in serious injury or death"
i.e. Don't rely on it to avoid a collision, because it's not designed to eliminate the possibility (prevent) a collision, and even it it manages

You may also want to read the whole paragraph on AEB, which gives more than just the highlights on page 28 (Page 113)
Particularly the paragraph saying
"Automatic Emergence Braking does not apply the brakes, or stops applying the brakes when:
You press and release the brake pedal
You accelerate hard
You turn the steering wheel sharply.
etc.etc.
"

So, as has been pointed out, the car actually DOES have the behavior you are complaining it doesn't. It's just that you need to learn how to operate the car fully.

If you want to steer around the obstacle, then just do it.
If you want to continue to move forward, release the brake.
If you want to accelerate, then go for it.

Your driving the car, drive it how you want.

Also, follow up with reading the Obstacle-Aware Acceleration, which is intentionally the next section.

So, if AEB gets you down to 10mph, and then you accelerate the last few feet if you so decide, OAA will then kick in and stop you hitting hard into the back of the car, might be a soft hit, or might hit the brakes right up close. so you don't hit at more than 10mph approx. It may even actually even avoid the collision, and allow you to close that gap.

Then, go on to read the "Limitations and inaccuracies" paragraph. This outlines exactly the sort of things you claim isn't documented.

You might find it beneficial to "RTFM"
Heh! “RTFM” is harsh considering I went through the “fm” in order to get to the bogus documentation in the first place. You need to RTFP” (read the effing post) I made, because I’m not interested in fighting the feature in the middle of a tight situation. What my post is saying is that I’m trying to make an assessment of whether this feature is safe/valuable for my use, and to enable or disable the feature accordingly. Thanks for typing lots of response, anyway, even if it only obliquely responds to my post…

I disagree with that definition. I have on several occasions been mere milliseconds away from applying the brakes myself when AEB kicked in and would have undoubtedly avoided any incident had AEB not intervened.

I do however agree that bailing from the lane is idiotic.
So, please explain to this idiot, why bailing out to avoid a rear-end collision is "idiotic"?

• Disagree
This attitude is just really, really ugly. This seems like a fairly nice, congenial forum where people can disagree without resorting to sewer-scale shitposting.

Why are you doing this? Can't you do it somewhere like Reddit instead?
What?!? My posts are some of the nicest most congenial around, just look at my posting history. I've never insulted anyone, never called anyone a name, other than myself. I asked a polite self-deprecating question to please explain, using the other person's exact words, which were insulting to me. Surely, you are questioning their words, right?

This attitude is just really, really ugly. This seems like a fairly nice, congenial forum where people can disagree without resorting to sewer-scale shitposting.

Why are you doing this? Can't you do it somewhere like Reddit instead?
You so didn't get that post. What's troubling about this thread is people not just misreading the facts as presented by the OP but then misreading other people's posts. KenC was making a self-deprecating comment. Maybe you should do the same.

Reactions: KenC
Status
Not open for further replies.