Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guestimation is a critical thinking skill, as opposed to concrete thinking, which is best exemplifed by toddlers and anal retentives. You do acknowledge that Tesla has a problem, and it is certainly within your right to downplay it and continue to make excuses for a company that actively works against its customers, but you need to hard data to confirm this is happening, so I'm not sure how i can overcome that.
Lol.....downplay.....lol.

Strange how people keep buying teslas as fast as they can produce them......lol. must be all that horrible service that's driving sales.....lol

...I love passive aggressive people :rolleyes:

crit·i·cal think·ing
noun
  1. the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.

Lol.....downplay.....lol.

Strange how people keep buying teslas as fast as they can produce them......lol. must be all that horrible service that's driving sales.....lol

...I love passive aggressive people :rolleyes:

crit·i·cal think·ing
noun
  1. the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
The Ford Pinto was a successful car for years until the word got out they exploded. Your point?

Not sure where all the debate is about % of pissed off customers. When you're a pissed off customer who can't get your car fixed and can't talk to anyone about getting it fixed does it really matter how many others are experiencing the same crap service?

I've had three Model S now and have had to deal with customer service multiple times on each one and it's an absolute nightmare at both Denver service center locations. I couldn't make up how bad these service centers are. In fact, I imagine those who defend Tesla so staunchly just happen to live near a good service center and lack of imagination prevents them from imagining a scenario where the customer service is horrendous.

I've seen people complain about the service of our local Toyota dealership even though they consistently get high ratings and, in all of my dealings I've had great service over the years. When I hear someone complain (which is rare) I have to think the problem is them. I'm usually quite forgiving about small hiccups here and there and tend to have my expectations lower than average which bodes well for my sanity in life.

That being said, is it that those who lack the imagination to understand that what they personally experience may not be what someone else experiences across the country from an entirely different service center? Is it also possible that these same people who defend Tesla think that us "complainers" are being figurative when we say that we're left w/o working cars for weeks/months on end and nobody to talk to? If that's the case, I'm here to say that I'm being literal in all of these statements. Seriously. I wasn't just trying to use hyperbole to make my issues seem worse than they were/are.

Owning cars that you can't drive w/o anyone to talk to is one of the most annoying things I've ever experienced in my life. If you haven't experienced I can see where you think that my personal experience might mirror yours and I'm just being overly sensitive. There's no way in hell anyone would experience what I've experienced from Tesla Customer Service and say that the problem is anything other than the service center I'm forced to deal with.
.....this is so repetitive

I have acknowledged that people have all kinds of different experiences from good to bad. I have never said bad service doesnt happen and that people are making it up. Is it really that hard to understand. But and this is a huge but, believe it or not some people do in fact have good experiences. I know I know it's a tough pill to swallow.

@Ostrichsak these comments are not necessarily directed at you but more for the general viewers.

There are valid points on both sides of the good/bad discussion and what I have noticed is if someone has a good or bad experience and the people commenting in the thread don't agree they are labelled as fanboys/haters. We all bought teslas for our own reasons so there has to be some type of common ground. We all want good service. Venting on a forum is great but is that going to change anything. Nope probably not. Yelling at or treating the sc people bad does nothing either. The most effective way to change things is to stop buying the product but obviously that hasnt happened.

Open to suggestions....

Last edited:
Tesla used to charge $2k+ for their high power wall chargers. Is Tesla giving L2 charger for free now? It is listed on the site for $500 currently.
There is a thread here on home charging. Seems people got melted outlets using their NEMA outlets, besides vlockign the dryer outlet.
And no, you can't just pluf in 3.8KW circuit into a 15A outlet. You will have to add a dedicated 40A/80A circuit breaker.
BS
BS
BS
BS

Reactions: nwdiver
BS
BS
BS
BS
Huh? Are you new to Tesla community?;) Read this from 2014. Or do you think a site named after Tesla was spreading BS too?
It is possible Tesla has dropped the prices of these chargers a whole lot. But it did cost quite a lot few years ago.

Charging forward with the Tesla Model S

"Two points that need to be considered when ordering a Tesla Model S is whether or not the High Power Wall Connector (HPWC) is really for you; a $1,200 option that provides two times the charging rate of the standard option.

The second point to consider is whether you want the on-board dual chargers,
another $1,500 option which allows twice the conversion capacity as the single charger when the power is available.

Originally the HPWC and Dual Chargers were a single option around $3,000 and later on Tesla split the options out. Why they did that is interesting and indicates that there maybe a reason for having dual chargers without the HPWC."

"HPWC requires a lot more power and will likely cost more to install than a standard NEMA 14-50. A NEMA 14-50 home installation can run between $1,000-$1,500 but this varies greatly depending on the distance that power lines needs to be pulled and the underlying power supply/infrastructure of your home set up. I was fortunate enough to have mine installed at $675 since, apparently, my infrastructure didn’t require too much of an upgrade."

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: mblakele
I know this thread is long dead but it’s hilarious.

Glide: I want to buy a mattress.

Teslarosa: I have one for sale.

Glide: Why are you telling me you have a mattress for sale?
Also, too expensive. Also, you’re a jerk.

Teslarosa:
2549FF1B-A01F-414A-A788-A6000902EA1E.jpeg

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: glide and UCF3
This is, unfortunately, how many 20 year old Beemers look like. Hope your sound system doesn't exceed the rest of the car in terms of residual value.

Thanks for the input buddy. This is, after all, “Show me your aftermarket wheels” page. Nothing wrong with adding our own taste to our car. Converting back to stock takes about 1-2 hours, easily. Show me your stock Model S! I’d love to see it! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Corsair
Well, you're most welcome, just google a vanilla 2015 MS 85D with black paint and the old base 19" wheels or take a look at the rendering. I'll let you know once I got the second set painted Taycan-style.

While the BBS wheels are fine, it's the lowering including adamant suspension and/or rubbing that is typically associated with low-to-medium education/income fellow Turkish citizens at the age of <25, showing off their BMW E36s that can pop out the rear windows if one is brave enough to set the sound system to 11 and play German gangsta rap (as is common). I like both the (stock) looks of the MS and the E36, but I think the MS doesn't require any modifications in order to demonstrate what it's capable off. It's a sharp tool already, just don't make it look tacky.

They committed actions and I described those. If you have a clue behind why those crimes were committed I'll listen, but all I want is for the crimes to stop and the reparations to be made within the constraints of the law. I can only assume you've taken a personal affront to me because I am a victim of those crimes and you dislike the fact that Tesla has victims so much you continually insult anyone that knows of the crimes.

An assessment of fact would be me describing what was done and the logical legal response to those actions. I don't know why you want to make this about personal insults but I ask you politely to please stop being insulting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droschke
You're still trying to make this personal. It's not going to work, I won't let you make this an interpersonal conflict for your personal amusement or whatever it is that motivates you to create internet conflict when it's simply a matter of criminal law and your reaction to it. There is no doubt whatsoever that crimes were committed. I'm sorry you feel the need to try and insult the bearer of this news but your insults can't change facts. Theft is illegal, magnuson moss warranty violations are illegal, failure to report safety concerns to the NHTSA is illegal. these are all facts Tesla stole from tesl owners to either violate warranty or hide recalls from us. All of this is illegal.

Your insults are not illegal, they are simply rude and misplaced. If Tesla's actions make you react in this way, direct your attention to Tesla to urge them to stop making you behave inappropriately. Victim blaming will not help you.

View attachment 489257

That is hilarious. This design, 369 hp and 0-60 in 4 seconds and handling like a roller coaster makes it a sports car.

Meh. Not at the category it's priced at. It's losing to 4 door sedans 1/4 it's price.

It was never intended to move the needle on BEV adoption. It was intended to move the needle on PHEV adoption. Which it has.

Then why did you post about it in this thread entitled "Tesla BEV Competition Developments"

Tesla built a sexy Model S, less sexy Model X, a prius-like Model Y and now a wierdmobile Cybertruck that mainstream full size truck buyers reject.

All of which will, or already have, outsell the i8 >10x to 1. Some in their first year. So their efforts to the efforts to leverage their name from higher end cars has worked well. Unlike the i8-to-i3 thing.

It really isn't.
You continued assertion of your opinion still doesn't make it fact.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark
There is no doubt whatsoever that crimes were committed.
You've been going on like this for months. Whenever you write anything here you should append "in my imagination" and it will then be accurate. This is not insulting, this is simply reality. Learn to live with it. Perhaps someday some part of what's in your imagination will be reality, but I very much doubt that will be any time soon.

Meanwhile you continue to carry on a campaign of insults and accusations against Tesla, its officers and representatives, and its lawyers. What makes this a reasonable thing for you to do?

Meh. Not at the category it's priced at. It's losing to 4 door sedans 1/4 it's price.

It doesn't lose to sedans 1/4 its price.

Muscle cars are about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Sports cars include handling and design.

Then why did you post about it in this thread entitled "Tesla BEV Competition Developments"

Because there is no PHEV thread AND PHEVs are a gateway to BEV.

All of which will, or already have, outsell the i8 >10x to 1. Some in their first year. So their efforts to the efforts to leverage their name from higher end cars has worked well. Unlike the i8-to-i3 thing.

Tesla is dominant in North America.

BMW PEVs are doing quite well in Europe and RoW.

And so are PHEVs.

You continued assertion of your opinion still doesn't make it fact.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.