Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of reply borders on stupidity and insult. OP has every right to spend whatever on a single car, which should perform as any new car is expected. The QA problems Tesla has ought to be called out and Tesla need shape up. A car need be dependable period.
If you’re going for satire, you nailed it.

Yes people have the right to be idiots, as you’ve demonstrated.

@Duxa

Some of us really like our S. While we like your Y as well. Just don't pee all over our car. We wouldn't dream of it on yours.

Just because someone disagrees with you on this thread doesn't give you stalking privileges on every other posts that someone disagrees with you on. Then locking your profile, well we all know what that is about.

Is there something you really disagree about when it comes to chocolate chips designed by a Tesla engineer?

Have a nice day. :)
Screenshot_20200803-151415.png

@Duxa

Some of us really like our S. While we like your Y as well. Just don't pee all over our car. We wouldn't dream of it on yours.

Just because someone disagrees with you on this thread doesn't give you stalking privileges on every other posts that someone disagrees with you on. Then locking your profile, well we all know what that is about.

Is there something you really disagree about when it comes to chocolate chips designed by a Tesla engineer?

Have a nice day. :)View attachment 572014

Are you serious? You are the one that went down the entire post and disagreed with EVERY SINGLE post I made. I disagreed with yours way later!

If you go willy nilly disagreeing with people for no reason and not simply moving on since you have nothing constructive to add... then I dont see how you expect anything less.

And your chocolate chip post is irrelevant and off-topic. This is the reason for disagreement.

You did 4, I did 4. If you want to keep it going. By all means.

D51tabj.png

Now back on topic.

I didnt pee on your car. I said Y is a better car. And it is. If you think 2013 interior of Model S is better than a 2020 interior of Model Y. Well, then I think you are just defending it because you own that car. Pretty much everyone here said MS needs a refresh. Why? Because its an outdated design by 2020 standards.

It seems like you took personal offense at this.

By what metric is it ok to start pointing out its aging design? 10 years (2023) ? 20 years (2033) ? When would you not take offense?

The whole point of this thread was to give my opinion on the design of Y and S, having now driven both for quite some time. I was on the fence between S, 3 and Y (although 3 fell off after Y was actually being made). And I wish a post like this existed back then, because If I would have picked S instead of Y I would have felt like I made a mistake. I would have paid more money for worse design.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: outdoors
Are you serious? You are the one that went down the entire post and disagreed with EVERY SINGLE post I made. I disagreed with yours full 12 hours later!

If you go willy nilly disagreeing with people for no reason other than simply moving on since you have nothing constructive to add... then I dont see how you expect anything less.

And your chocolate chip post is irrelevant and off-topic. This is the reason for disagreement.

D51tabj.png

All relevant to this discussion. If you look at my history you will see I add plenty over the years. Not digging in every post you make. You have some issues.

Edit :Chocolate chip was posted in off Topic for your reference, and I own a 2017 Tesla Model S, not a 2013.

Now we are up to 20 of my posts. Congrats. That's half my disagree in 6 years. From someone here 7 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier
So, what would you propose is the best way to valuate these cars? I actually have never bought one from Tesla for many reasons. And I probably never would. That said, I think it provides the most accurate reflection of the market. It may even be a high reflection of the market in terms of price, which would benefit the sellers, right? But literally you have tools that make the market completely transparent (like evcpo). So again, I would ask you, what tool would you use to value the market? I believe in this thread we already said that blue book was completely inaccurate.

The second paragraph I quoted above shows your true intentions here. No one is trashing values. Saying that a price being asked by a seller is unrealistic and unsupported is not the same as trashing the value of a car. The value of the car is what it is. Seems to me that your interest is primarily in preserving the value of the cars you have as opposed to actually figuring out how to value the car accurately.

I've literally watched the EXACT same used Model S go from $67,400 to $47,800 before being bought from Tesla. Tell me how you can use this in any intelligible way to valuate a similar car during the two-and-a-half month window the car changed between those two values, up an down.

And yet, some insist on posting examples of "similar" cars when they've seen neither car in person and can't say with any certainty that the cars are even remotely similar. I've seen some used cars sold by Tesla that looked great in the photos and had no history of damage but in person... clapped out disgusting beat up jalopies.

True intentions? ROFL Okay. Sure. Now you can read my mind, right? I've been beating this same drum since before I even bought my first when when I had everything to gain from people bashing for sale posts. Saying what's right isn't always about personal gain which may be difficult for someone like you to comprehend. It's about what's right and what's wrong and having basic consideration for others.

This from the guy who has no idea what they're talking about when they got called out on it so they chose to personally attack me by calling my posts "whining" when all I've said is that values are subjective enough you can't possibly KNOW what is a high price if it's even remotely close to what YOU think it should be priced it.

Again, my pricing opinion isn't important because I'm not the one going around trashing marketplace threads with my opinion based on something that can't even be stated accurately.

Now we are up to 20 of my posts. Congrats. That's half my disagree in 6 years. From someone here 7 months.

You are the instigator with LITERALLY every single one of them... every one of those 20, you are the one that threw the first punch.

It appears you have turned into this guy - What is acceptable in the world of disagree?

What happened to this decree you made? And let me quote YOU - I am no longer disagreeing with anyone with a vote. If I can't state a view without more than a button push, probably ain't worth doing it.

qccsnFU.png

@Duxa

Great I disagree with you that the Y is better than the refreshed S. Just leave the posts alone that don't have anything to do with this discussion. I did not go and find every post you have and disagree. It stays here in this thread. I find your argument flawed. That's me.

I think you like the layout of the Y as I do in my 3. Yet I like the more roominess of the S. I have driven a Y. Not that I don't like it, just don't think it's better than the S by the ! in the headline of this thread. I also have one of the S's that have a pano roof, Alacantara, real leather seats. I think that those things in the older S's leave a gap that is diminished compared to the other S cars now being produced. Better trim removed with paint as well.

After my first disagree you started going into my thread history. Others have done that. They usually don't last long around here when they do that. Gladly continue this discussion, yet after one disagree you threw the punches with going into some really nice posts that I have and just being not so kind.

I think we can move on from this and continue right? Send me a PM. I think we can work it out.

Last edited:
This seems to be the first accurate thing you've said.
Lol.

I don't mind being honest when I actually don't know. Seems to be a foreign concept for you and many others here.

I called you whining because this is all I ever see you post about. Why do you frequent this forum if you hate it so much?

I can tell you the Tesla FSBO group on Facebook is WAY worse and WAY less informed than this group.

Just let the sellers take care of themselves. Do you feel like you have to be their white knight or something?

Lol.

I don't mind being honest when I actually don't know. Seems to be a foreign concept for you and many others here.

I called you whining because this is all I ever see you post about. Why do you frequent this forum if you hate it so much?

I can tell you the Tesla FSBO group on Facebook is WAY worse and WAY less informed than this group.

Just let the sellers take care of themselves. Do you feel like you have to be their white knight or something?

Who says I hate this forum? You sure like to put a lot of words into my mouth when you clearly have no solid footing to push back against me on the things you've said so... why are you still trying?

I feel like I present a lot of useful posts and have even been told this numerous times when I've gone out of my way to help others out. I just don't sugar coat all of my posts or react in a positive manner to those who aggressively and toxicly approach me so if you're triggered by that... don't care.

Let the sellers take care of themselves? You could literally say that about every single person in this forum and we should throw away all rules about decency and respect. Yet, we don't. Wonder why that is? Oh yeah, because some people lack the ability to be decent and respectful to others as a general rule of thumb so we all have to play by the rules set for the lowest common denominator.

Who says I hate this forum? You sure like to put a lot of words into my mouth when you clearly have no solid footing to push back against me on the things you've said so... why are you still trying?

I feel like I present a lot of useful posts and have even been told this numerous times when I've gone out of my way to help others out. I just don't sugar coat all of my posts or react in a positive manner to those who aggressively and toxicly approach me so if you're triggered by that... don't care.

Let the sellers take care of themselves? You could literally say that about every single person in this forum and we should throw away all rules about decency and respect. Yet, we don't. Wonder why that is? Oh yeah, because some people lack the ability to be decent and respectful to others as a general rule of thumb so we all have to play by the rules set for the lowest common denominator.

Oh man, Osteichsak ....

what exactly is it you want me to respond to? As far as I can tell you haven't actually answered any of the questions I posed.

-So you watched a single car from Tesla drop in price dramatically? And that's somehow invalidates Teslas usefulness in setting a price for all of time? Well logic would once again say that this is anecdotal, But you seem to be too dense to recognize that since I've already pointed out to you.

So I'll ask you again, what would you propose to be an appropriate gauge to help in setting prices? I think we all agree blue book is pretty useless. You disagree with my use of Tesla. So what third party independently verified source can we use that would be appropriate in your eyes?

I was really trying to avoid having a battle of wits with an unarmed man such as yourself...... Lol ...... But you seem to keep wanting to force the issue. :D

Oh man, Osteichsak ....

what exactly is it you want me to respond to? As far as I can tell you haven't actually answered any of the questions I posed.

-So you watched a single car from Tesla drop in price dramatically? And that's somehow invalidates Teslas usefulness in setting a price for all of time? Well logic would once again say that this is anecdotal, But you seem to be too dense to recognize that since I've already pointed out to you.

So I'll ask you again, what would you propose to be an appropriate gauge to help in setting prices? I think we all agree blue book is pretty useless. You disagree with my use of Tesla. So what third party independently verified source can we use that would be appropriate in your eyes?

I was really trying to avoid having a battle of wits with an unarmed man such as yourself...... Lol ...... But you seem to keep wanting to force the issue. :D

Again with the personal attacks. You clearly have nothing to contribute of usefulness to the conversation but seem pretty hell-bent on personal attacks by questioning my intelligence as a form of deflection. The irony isn't lost on me with your use of grammar and punctuation while questioning my intelligence multiple times. Perhaps you should just stick to the topic at hand rather than trying to attack me on a personal level when it's pretty obvious I possess at least enough intelligence to engage in this conversation.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rmf1981
I think there's a good chance something happened well before this video clip that made the motorcyclist justifiably pissed. It seems the big thing these days is to just show the part of the video that makes whoever you want look bad. It's CNN's favorite thing in the whole world to do.

This right here. Most people are ****ing retarded and don't pay attention.

Idiot OP probably almost ran the guy off the road.

Again with the personal attacks. You clearly have nothing to contribute of usefulness to the conversation but seem pretty hell-bent on personal attacks by questioning my intelligence as a form of deflection. The irony isn't lost on me with your use of grammar and punctuation while questioning my intelligence multiple times. Perhaps you should just stick to the topic at hand rather than trying to attack me on a personal level when it's pretty obvious I possess at least enough intelligence to engage in this conversation.

Lol. I'm using voice recognition. Don't care to spend more time on you, so you'll have to just accept and excuse my "Grammar and punctuation." Who even says that beyond my 8th grade English teacher.....

And you still didn't provide even a modicrum of an answer to my question .....

Edit to add: Didn't actually question your intelligence. It was more your wit, or lack thereof. :)

Lol you bought the car only a couple months ago in January and already want to sell? You paid 61k pre pandemic and are asking 60k during pandemic? I guarantee you won’t sell it for close to 60k. Don’t even have unlimited supercharging. Only an idiot dumbass would pay that price now. You will be extremely lucky if you can even get 55k right now. Your same car and specs with lower mileage are at auction for 45k-50k. Good luck but you will never sell at that price.

Lol. Says the person who bought in April and was selling soon afterwards wanting extra seats.

Everyone has their reasons to sell and can ask what they wish. You do not have to comment if you are not looking to buy.
I also paid 2k to ship the car brining total cost to $63k. Did you know that? NO...but were ready to comment.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla and P85_DA
Status
Not open for further replies.