Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I see with this incident is the driver of the truck never gave the woman a chance to apologize and seek restitution.

If this was my wife or daughter in the car I would have taken the license plate of the truck driver and called the police. He most likely would have been thrown in jail for something serious.
People that fling open their doors right next to another vehicle do this often and just don't care. I have ZERO sympathy for someone like that! I have never once threw open my door when parked next to another vehicle, I'm always careful as to not hit their door. This is what normal good people that respect other peoples property and something everyone should do.

Let's say you did call the police and he did get arrested, he would be out within hours because they don't keep people in holding overnight over something like this, it's just minor property damage. But I love how some people take the side of the party that caused the whole issue, ignoring the party that was minding their own business and had their whole day ruined which will cost them money to repair and it will never truly be the same. Many people take pride in keeping their vehicles nice and there is alway some jerk that doesn't give a crap, to ruin a nice vehicle.

Last edited:
People that fling open their doors right next to another vehicle do this often and just don't care. I have ZERO sympathy for someone like that! I have never once threw open my door when parked next to another vehicle, I'm always careful as to not hit their door. This is what normal good people that respect other peoples property and something everyone should do.

Let's say you did call the police and he did get arrested, he would be out within hours because they don't keep people in holding overnight over something like this, it's just minor property damage. But I love how some people take the side of the party that caused the whole issue, ignoring the party that was minding their own business and had their whole day ruined which will cost them money to repair and it will never truly be the same. Many people take pride in keeping their vehicles nice and there is alway some jerk that doesn't give a crap, to ruin a nice vehicle.
The property damage is secondary to brandishing a weapon (doesn't have to be a gun) and menacing. Property is property intimating bodily harm is something altogether different. What if this woman had thought he was going to use the hammer on her next and had a hand gun in her purse? What the tool did was irresponsible and stupid.

The property damage is secondary to brandishing a weapon (doesn't have to be a gun) and menacing. Property is property intimating bodily harm is something altogether different. What if this woman had thought he was going to use the hammer on her next and had a hand gun in her purse? What the tool did was irresponsible and stupid.
He did not branish a weapon at the woman, didn't raise it towards her where she thought he was going to use it against her. He pulled it out and truck her door, that's it. Had he struck the window then she could be in fear for her safety. You could even argue that the woman used a weapon, the car door, against him. She could have been a jilted lover out for revenge and mistook his truck for someone else's.

Of course any act of violence with violence is never a good idea, but I completely understand his frustration. You can say what she did was just an accident and not on purpose, and it may not have been on purpose but it was a choice and not an accident. It's not like the wind blew it open into his truck, she pushed it open into his truck. People can choose to be careful opening car doors next to other vehicles in parking lots. People can use their eyes to see how close they park next to other vehicles and they certainly know how far their car doors open. Stop defending the person who started the issue!

He did not branish a weapon at the woman, didn't raise it towards her where she thought he was going to use it against her. He pulled it out and truck her door, that's it. Had he struck the window then she could be in fear for her safety. You could even argue that the woman used a weapon, the car door, against him. She could have been a jilted lover out for revenge and mistook his truck for someone else's.

Of course any act of violence with violence is never a good idea, but I completely understand his frustration. You can say what she did was just an accident and not on purpose, and it may not have been on purpose but it was a choice and not an accident. It's not like the wind blew it open into his truck, she pushed it open into his truck. People can choose to be careful opening car doors next to other vehicles in parking lots. People can use their eyes to see how close they park next to other vehicles and they certainly know how far their car doors open. Stop defending the person who started the issue!
Were you there? The person who posted the account of the incident had this to say, "The driver of the truck got out, picked up a ball peen hammer from the bed, walked around to her driver's door and gave it a full swing whack. He then brandished the hammer at the stunned woman".

He actually used the word brandish. Coincidentally so do many menacing laws.
Stop defending a douche bag vigilante.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Resist
He then brandished the hammer at the stunned woman".

He actually used the word brandish. Coincidentally so do many menacing laws.
Stop defending a douche bag vigilante.
Okay I missed that part and brandished means nothing but showing the hammer, I think that woman also brandished her car door. But again she started the whole event. All she had to do was open her door like a NORMAL person would. But there was no need to call him a douche bag viliglante, I didn't call her a Karen psycho bitch.

Okay I missed that part and brandished means nothing but showing the hammer, I think that woman also brandished her car door. But again she started the whole event. All she had to do was open her door like a NORMAL person would. But there was no need to call him a douche bag viliglante, I didn't call her a Karen psycho bitch.
No once again you're wrong; brandishing specifically means to wave or flourish something in a threatening manner. Both of these individuals were wrong, no question, just the vigilante douche bag took wrong to a new level.

Yet, a threatening manner is subjective and not always clear cut. But think psycho Karen bitch should have parked someplace else away from other cars because no doubt she's done this before. And I would have shaken that guys hand if I were there to see it. It's why people cheered for him and after she called the cops witnesses didn't have a good description of this truck. Good people are just sick and tired of idiots doing stupid things that make our lives difficult and cost us hard earned money.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
I can't believe we're debating and/or celebrating the deranged honky that beat up a woman's car and threatened her with a hammer in a story someone obviously completely made up yesterday.

Doing *sugar* like that is what gets people dead in our trigger-happy society. Although made-up honky hammer truck guy would not be one I shed a tear for if he pulled that crap and caught a .38 slug with his ribcage.

.08 seconds off a 3.1 stated = 25% Seriously, what are you smoking? Are you just trying to get a higher post count? Have you ever had a math class? .08 / 3.1= .0258 or approximately 2.6%, why are you saying 10x that? Did you mean to say that, or are you having a TIA? I actually do believe lighter wheels and ever so slightly smaller diameter tires can help to give a 2.6ish% improvement or .08 seconds. Yes I think it is possible. Why are your panties in such a bunch over this? Sure it is not goint to subtract like .2 seconds, but I never claimed that. I do understand the diameter is super important, as is where the weight is located-how far from the center- so why the hostility? Is the "NV" in your info stats for something other than the state you reside?

I can't believe we're debating and/or celebrating the deranged honky that beat up a woman's car and threatened her with a hammer in a story someone obviously completely made up yesterday.

Doing *sugar* like that is what gets people dead in our trigger-happy society. Although made-up honky hammer truck guy would not be one I shed a tear for if he pulled that crap and caught a .38 slug with his ribcage.
You mean his imaginary ribcage🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: ucmndd
Wait, now we're discussing uphill and downhill, not weight? What happened to doing the easy thing of putting people in the car that you said was the way to test?
Oh dear, did you miss physics class?
OK, do us both a favor and read this next line slowly, really slowly and turn on your brain when you do so
Going uphill is similar to adding weight, going downhill is similar to reducing weight.
Maybe you should take a primer in physics before joining this conversation

Practicality, it is easier for me to jump in my car when I am able and run the same section of inclined road both ways to do a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.