TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Snoqualmie plus blewett pass seattle to Wenatchee?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Screwbal, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Screwbal

Screwbal Member

This is a route we go fairly often and I'm sure folks here may too. I've only had my car a few days but with some time off this month I'd imagine a trip over this month. How does the model s hold up for this route in the winter? I looked at ev trip planner and according to it I should be ok but would rather confirm from folks who have done it.

so is it a safe straight shot or do I need to plan a super charger stop in ellensburg to be more safe?

2. fawu

fawu Member

I haven't done it from Seattle. Should be pretty safe, but the good thing is there are several Chademo's along the way (North Bend, Snoqualmie Pass, Cle Elum, Leavenworth, Wenatchee) - so should you ever run low in heavy snow/rain/wind there's always an option for a fast recharge. The Chademo adapter certainly would seem like a good investment for you if you do this frequently.

3. JackA

JackA Member

We drive this route both ways. Latest was Saturday 19 December. Because we have the CHAdeMO adapter and an Aerovironment subscription we usually charge for a few minutes at the Snoqualmie summit. We live 30 miles north of Wenatchee so the extra RMs are a safety. We have found the NAV system to be pretty accurate and rely on it. Weather on Blewett Pass was pretty bad so last Saturday we used the SC at Ellensburg while we had a pretty good meal at the Bar 14 Ranch House. We then drove I-90 to George and then north to Wenatchee.

4. ferdboyce

ferdboyce "GASKIKR"

There's a friendly couple that host a lovely B&B about 6 or 7 miles W. of Wenatchee . . . Warm Springs Inn on Hwy 2. They're a Tesla destination point, and I'm sure they'd be very amenable to your dropping by to charge up.