Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snow mode on MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm playing with race mode settings to get an amazing snow mode. Anyone else done this? Maybe on M3P since they've had it longer?

Basically the rear wheen bias and the regen make the normal driving mode a little worse then I expect it could be. Not bad still though.

Attachments

• 20221222_110002.jpg
    20221222_110002.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 268
I need to play with Track Mode a bit more, but after some initial testing, I'm not real sure if using Track Mode settings could result in better snow performance as far as normal driving is concerned. I have the S3XY Button app that shows the power distribution between front and back, and when in Track Mode, even with handling bias dialed to the front, when accelerating in a straight line I'm seeing all the power in the rear even in slippery snow covered road. In normal driving (Sport) mode, I can see power going to the front while accelerating in a straight line on snow covered road. Track Mode adjustments do result in noticeable differences turning feel in snow though. Moving the bias up front does keep the tail in place.

If anyone has a good snow setup using Track Mode, please do share it here.

What happens if you set regenerative braking to Off or Minimum, so that when you let off the accelerator pedal the rear of the Tesla Model Y does not break free? Can the regenerative braking be set to 10%? The scenario is when descending a hill that is covered in hard packed snow and ice at speeds lower than 15 MPH. In this scenario you would want to rely on the ABS to activate, automatically rapidly pump the friction brakes so that the Tesla Model Y slows while continuing on its current track.

What happens if you set regenerative braking to Off or Minimum, so that when you let off the accelerator pedal the rear of the Tesla Model Y does not break free? Can the regenerative braking be set to 10%? The scenario is when descending a hill that is covered in hard packed snow and ice at speeds lower than 15 MPH. In this scenario you would want to rely on the ABS to activate, automatically rapidly pump the friction brakes so that the Tesla Model Y slows while continuing on its current track.
Yea, lowering the regen has a pretty significant effect. thats why i tried it, specifically because of the regen braking in snow . My 3 used to have a low regen mode and im too cheap for s3xy butttons

30:70 Front:Rear is optimal for fun snow driving.

This is Sebastian Vittel (Race Car Driver) with a Model 3 Performance w/ Track Mode enabled on snow.

Driving mode:
Track mode V2: ACTIVATED
Auto pilot assistance: ALL OFF
4WD ratio: 30% front 70% rear
Regeneration: 100% (although he recommends 40-50% if you are less experienced)
Traction control: OFF -10
Compressor cooling system: OFF

If you are in deep snow, 50:50 (or at that point, just use Snow Mode).

Last edited: