Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snowed in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The melted snow from the driveway and walkway is recycled back into the system, re-heated, and then used for laundry, irrigation, and toilet water.

Let's just say I won't be sleeping in those sheets. And who needs hot toilet water? :smile:

Speaking as someone who had a home with a lot of similar features - maintenance of rainwater and runoff collection systems is such a pain, as is cleaning it.

In answer to your question about the angled spaces, Audie, yes - they are angled.

I have been viewing a good number of Supercharger build threads while trying to populate my trailer-friendly Supercharger thread/wiki. I've run across a few that are angle-in. I don't know how much of the decision about back-in spots has to do with the cost of ripping up the asphalt and how much has to do with the potential for snow. In many cases, there is one pull-through spot which is on a corner section of a curb, and the rest are back-in.

Obviously if the MX is intended to pull any kind of travel trailer, having only back-in Supercharger spaces is going to be problematic or at least inconvenient.

Even the pull forward spot is not useable if you have a trailer. You would end up blocking the road/path most of the time. Unfortunately, I think people are going to have to park the trailer nearby.

Even the pull forward spot is not useable if you have a trailer. You would end up blocking the road/path most of the time. Unfortunately, I think people are going to have to park the trailer nearby.

The thread to which I linked is only to include locations that have space for trailers. I have a wiki there, as there are places at which you can charge without blocking traffic or other chargers. If you disagree that someone with a trailer could charge at any of the Strasburg chargers, let me know and I'll amend the wiki. It was added due to Half Dollar Bill's feedback.

Snow melt=water. What happens when it rains?

Small troughs that run parallel to the stalls to drain the water away. Seems like a pretty simple problem to solve.

My ex home town tried that in car-free zone, and not with a electric but by the district heating system. That work fine in "global warming winter" but when real winter hit, things were different. The uneven (wind blow) snow cover melted in the deep parts but refroze in clear parts, forming hard ridges of ice and sandwiched -snow/ice sculptures. And unlike normal snow these were practically impossible to remove with the normal snow blows and wheel loaders (with out removing artsy paving stones with the ice blocks). So no.

Slightly off topic, but "flat shovel" is one of my required winter travel items, along with sleeping bags, thermos, food, gloves, boots, extension cords, etc. I normally take a bag of sand too, but decided against it for cleanliness. BTW, I shoveled out a few stalls at Baker City, ID and Tremonton, UT on my last road trip.

Extending that heated zone all the way to a drain, and it will fill and then freeze the drain. Extend the heating into the drain.....¿didn't someone say something about "low cost"?

You're forgetting about the frost line... in the northern US, it is around 36" or so underground. So if water melts fast enough to have a running stream (which it likely would in a decent size snowstorm) it will melt and run into the sewer... it won't freeze until it is not moving at any rational temperature (e.g. excluding the south pole) and once it is in the pipe, it is below frost line.

Remember, radiant heat only needs to get the surface asphalt to ~35F *WHILE IT IS SNOWING*, assuming a proper pavement gradiant. The residual water (and a small amount of ice) will sublimate off.