Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So AWD 3 White with White Interior 19" Premium Wheels???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will it look good? Better than good? Will it look dated in 3+ years? My gut says very modern, etc. No worries, might be polarizing?

Is there enough contrast???

Ugh. Decisions. Of course what I want is a black headliner, white interior, etc. With the old blue, the almost black blue, but that it a different problem. So somehow that is how I have selected white.

Sigh.

Attachments

• IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 4,063
Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
It's a personal opinion but I'm not feeling the white on white.

If you still have the white S85, I would go for a different exterior color anyways.
Yeah, I know. I read everyone else's color dilemmas, and I think what's the big deal? Then, they dropped the white option and the dilemma became real to me.

I have the old white and like it. The car stays cool, and easier to keep clean, etc. I never went for the Stormtrooper look, but always know I could.

My wife wanted the 3 in black, and that is where we started, but I kept showing her dirty black cars everywhere we drove, and she finally agreed to change the color. She like the red, but too flashy for her, and the blue is too light for her taste. We both love the old blue, that was basically black at night, but that was then, and this is now.

So, we ended back at white, with silver a second choice. The silver 3 Tesla had on stage at the unveiling was amazing, but had to have 10X the pearl in it, compared to what they are shipping, to make it pop the way it did.

So, if Tesla gives me a VIN before I change my mind and I get a black interior, I am fine with it. But the white looks so, 2001 A Space Odyssey, in a good way, that its tempting, but it might look dated in a few years???

So, if Tesla gives me a VIN before I change my mind and I get a black interior, I am fine with it. But the white looks so, 2001 A Space Odyssey, in a good way, that its tempting, but it might look dated in a few years???

The look will certainly be catchy and shine brilliantly in the sun.

If you stick with the white, you can always get Tsportline aftermarket seats in black for ~$2600 (seats + installation) if the interior gets too dated. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. The white interior is gorgeous, besides maybe the dash, and I certainly would've sprung for it if it was an option.

Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
White Model 3 with white (stormtrooper) interior will be a stunning choice. Go for it. And the 19 premium wheels. I agree on the black headliner, but what can you do. Just saw a white on white Model S on the street, a real show stopper. It looked extraordinary. I had a midnight gray Model X with white interior. Never came across anyone who didn’t like it, just questions whether the seats would stay white. Sold the car after two years and the seats looked like entirely new. I have ordered a red Model 3 with white seats (before I saw the white/white Model S). My choice is a less elegant one; it’s just that there are too many black/gray/white/silver cars out there. Must be the times.

Reactions: Ormond
I am having the same dilemma. My spouse is really bothered by the idea that I’m pushing for the white. I have red letter interior in my white BMW and I wish I could get that combo.

The white is stunning and I’m trying to figure out better arguments to convince the spouse than “but I really want it.”

We ordered white on white M3P after seeing white on white Model X in the showroom. Our X is blue with the white interior and we really like the white interior in that car.

P.S. Like the StormTrooper reference, might be the name for the new 3 now ;)

Ok. All of this is personal preference. Obviously. But I went to the Brea Mall in North Orange County, CA and they had a red PAWD 3 with the white interior parked next to a white LR3 black interior with 18" aeros and I actually preferred the contrast off the black interior. That said, if the white interior had a black headliner, then I might flip.

For me, it is good either way, but black interior white exterior wins for now. I just need a VIN to end this internal second guessing.
IMG_3977.jpg
IMG_3978.jpg
IMG_3979.jpg
IMG_3977.jpg
IMG_3978.jpg
IMG_3979.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Park2670 and P85_DA
I went with a white exterior black interior with 19in sport. My husband asked me just last night whether I wanted white seats. I like the look of the white seats with red exterior (and at one time considered that), but wasn't crazy about the white dash piece and side panel especially in a white vehicle so stuck with my black interior decision for a more uniform look. I do think a white interior will be harder on the eyes during bright sunny days. And I too would have preferred a black headliner. But really it's a matter of taste. Gone back and forth on color of the car before I got my invite until I settled on the white (red was my other consideration). And then they threw the interior choices into the mix depending on when you could order AWD. I still have wait for mine though since going AWD LR but not P version.