TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

So, did I go too far?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by omega731, Jun 18, 2016.

?

Did I go too far?

1. Too far

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Not far enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Just right

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. omega731

omega731 Member

I am the kind of guy that doesn't get excited about many things. Apparently, when I do, my wife says that I go "overboard." Remember, those are her words not mine. Well I have been waiting some time now for vehicle to arrive, and in that time I have come up with some ideas to "dress up" the garage, matching the awesomeness that is the X. I needed to replace our sprinkler system control unit. Well I found one that was pretty darn cool. Then I realized that it just wouldn't look right next to the X, if it didn't "bring it." So, what do I do? Build a box that covers all the outlets and wires for said system, and puts it on display, if you will. I even went so far as to try and match our interior. Well, I know the post is kind of long winded, but I thought it was sensible. So tell me, did I go to far? The first picture is the old setup, and the second, is the cover/box yet to be installed (Monday).

Attached Files:

• Funny x 1
  2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

It's highly subjective whether it was worth it or not. That said, yes you went too far :)

• Funny x 1
  3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I also have a Rain Machine wifi-enabled irrigation controller that replaced a Rain Dial controller about a year ago. But mine is not in my garage.

As to what you designed; how did you make that and what is it made of?

4. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

I think it is a testimony of love for your X, no wonder your wife doesn't like it :p

• Funny x 1
  5. omega731

omega731 Member

It's made out of MDF, fiberglass and vinyl. A gentleman by the name of Marc, at Mike's Sound Solutions, here in Elk Grove came up with the design. I told him what I wanted, and this was what he came up with.

6. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

If you're happy with it then evidently it was important to you. So if your wife loves you she should be happy that you're happy, unless the project took away from say one-to-one wife time or family time in which case she's being hurtful in order for you to feel her pain (the one from you being absent).

• Like x 1
  7. SpykeDaddy

SpykeDaddy Member

Fly your freak flag high.

• Like x 1
  8. ElectricTundra

I'm in no position for judging anyone for going too far.

On a related topic, I've been debating Rainmachine, Rachio, and Skydrop. Lots of pluses and minuses with each.

• Like x 1