Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So, did I go too far?

Did I go too far?

• Too far

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Not far enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just right

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the kind of guy that doesn't get excited about many things. Apparently, when I do, my wife says that I go "overboard." Remember, those are her words not mine. Well I have been waiting some time now for vehicle to arrive, and in that time I have come up with some ideas to "dress up" the garage, matching the awesomeness that is the X. I needed to replace our sprinkler system control unit. Well I found one that was pretty darn cool. Then I realized that it just wouldn't look right next to the X, if it didn't "bring it." So, what do I do? Build a box that covers all the outlets and wires for said system, and puts it on display, if you will. I even went so far as to try and match our interior. Well, I know the post is kind of long winded, but I thought it was sensible. So tell me, did I go to far? The first picture is the old setup, and the second, is the cover/box yet to be installed (Monday).

Attachments

• 20160618_182640.jpg
    20160618_182640.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 20160618_182447.jpg
    20160618_182447.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Funny
Reactions: goneskiian
I am the kind of guy that doesn't get excited about many things. Apparently, when I do, my wife says that I go "overboard." Remember, those are her words not mine. Well I have been waiting some time now for vehicle to arrive, and in that time I have come up with some ideas to "dress up" the garage, matching the awesomeness that is the X. I needed to replace our sprinkler system control unit. Well I found one that was pretty darn cool. Then I realized that it just wouldn't look right next to the X, if it didn't "bring it." So, what do I do? Build a box that covers all the outlets and wires for said system, and puts it on display, if you will. I even went so far as to try and match our interior. Well, I know the post is kind of long winded, but I thought it was sensible. So tell me, did I go to far? The first picture is the old setup, and the second, is the cover/box yet to be installed (Monday).

I think it is a testimony of love for your X, no wonder your wife doesn't like it :p

• Funny
Reactions: omega731
I also have a Rain Machine wifi-enabled irrigation controller that replaced a Rain Dial controller about a year ago. But mine is not in my garage.

As to what you designed; how did you make that and what is it made of?

It's made out of MDF, fiberglass and vinyl. A gentleman by the name of Marc, at Mike's Sound Solutions, here in Elk Grove came up with the design. I told him what I wanted, and this was what he came up with.

If you're happy with it then evidently it was important to you. So if your wife loves you she should be happy that you're happy, unless the project took away from say one-to-one wife time or family time in which case she's being hurtful in order for you to feel her pain (the one from you being absent).

Reactions: omega731