Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Easy For Tesla to Move the Goalposts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In reality Tesla will have spend significant time and energy reviewing wear and tear on the Model 3 and decided that they can increase the power output by 5% without significantly increasing warranty costs.

• Funny
Reactions: tracksyde
Reminds me of half of all Star Trek episodes:

“We have this difficult problem to overcome, but our current technology can’t fix it!”

* 45 minutes later in the show *

“Good job, Data. With this new algorithm the solution is so easy now!”

Actually... when it comes to Starfleet engineers, we were fed the red pill.

Scotty didn't actually need 45 minutes.

All he needed was 5.. but how the f was he gonna be a “miracle worker” if he told the Captain it would only take 5.

Say it takes an hour, stall for 40, do it in 5.

My universal bull *sugar* translator is on point when evaluating employees who think they “show effort” and “””work hard”””.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toumal
In reality Tesla will have spend significant time and energy reviewing wear and tear on the Model 3 and decided that they can increase the power output by 5% without significantly increasing warranty costs.
Agree.
With what I think was one of the first S upgrades, they had to increase the size of the buss bars. But things like that take time and testing.

Reactions: 1 person
This is a wash because the ICE manufacturers must do this, too.

They sure do......the next model year, you can go into the dealership, eat a heaping helping of depreciation on your current car, and get that 5% extra power in the new model.

A wash, you say? No. Not hardly. I will park my car just a little closer to the wifi hotspot one night, and the next morning, I'll have 5% more peak power.

Cool story, though.