Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So how does one search both slacker and Spotify when both are available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have slacker premium and subbed to the 3 month trial of Spotify. When I used to use the search “Any Music” button it would search slacker and tune in. Now it just searches Spotify and tune in. Some of the playlists in slacker are better and I would like to play those sometime.

Does anyone know a way to search slacker in addition to Spotify when both are activated?

And please do not say to just listen to Spotify because you find it better. I happen to like slacker also.

• Funny
Reactions: TicoMcC
When you search using the ‘any music’ button in the right corner, if you have Spotify enabled, you only get results from Spotify and tunein. You cannot search slacker when Spotify is enabled.

You can select stations, but not specific songs. I find the stations on slacker better.

Reactions: jlv1
No matter whether you are listening to Slacker or Spotify or TuneIn or USB or Radio, the 'Any Music' search button used to search Slacker and TuneIn. If you have a Spotify account enabled, then now it searches Spotify and TuneIn, and does not search Slacker.

I just want the search to include all sources. Perhaps they need a checkbox for which services to search.

Reactions: alcibiades
I haven't tried Spotify since I have the Slacker premium account.
Though I suppose Slacker (it's not even Slacker anymore, it's now LiveXLive) will be going away at some time in the future.
Kind of a dumb bug, though, and the fact that it doesn't search USB is even dumber.

Does anyone know a way to search slacker in addition to Spotify when both are activated?

This is the reason i suggested just click the button that says streaming.

I agree that the any music button should include all available music sources but they must not have thought about that since they were so focused on appeasing the masses with spotify.

I haven't tried Spotify since I have the Slacker premium account.
Though I suppose Slacker (it's not even Slacker anymore, it's now LiveXLive) will be going away at some time in the future.
Kind of a dumb bug, though, and the fact that it doesn't search USB is even dumber.
The search does search USB also.

Selecting 'streaming' lets you see the 'stations' and if you have premium the playlists. But you cannot search for specific music on that tab.

Reactions: Chaserr
So happy to find this thread. I found the same problem almost immediately after getting V10. Don't get me wrong, Spotify is great but I also love the thumbs up/down curated delivery of music that Slacker offers. Search really needs to support both apps... perhaps Tesla needs to reconsider how global search is implemented. I personally wouldn't object to having search within each app that supports it, rather than a global search that doesn't scale well - presumably there will be more and more apps that support search functionality in the future.

I've noticed a perhaps unintended consequence (bug?) when using Search with Spotify in my Model S...
(BTW yes, search also includes USB results)

Each time I do a Search and then select an artist or song it found on Spotify, it creates a "Station" for that artist or song that appears under the Spotify main page / Your Library / Stations

However there seems to be no way to later delete these "stations", either directly in the Tesla music player, or in your Spotify app (I've tried in both iOS and MacOS app), or web player version of Spotify. They persist in the Tesla music player after rebooting the MCU. In fact, these Tesla-search-created Stations don't even appear anywhere in my account except in the Tesla. Anybody else notice this?

When you search using the ‘any music’ button in the right corner, if you have Spotify enabled, you only get results from Spotify and tunein. You cannot search slacker when Spotify is enabled.

You can select stations, but not specific songs. I find the stations on slacker better.

I agree...stations on slacker are way better. Spotify does not worth the monthly fee

• Disagree
Reactions: kimvellore
Wow, tough crowed here. We demand Spotify!!! Got Spotify (more or less). We want Slacker!!!

Seriously though, I didn’t understand why Spotify is a separate channel rather than just part of streaming as an additional option/filter. I just want some song or station to play, doesn’t matter who sends the bits over.

Reactions: DMack
Wow, tough crowed here. We demand Spotify!!! Got Spotify (more or less). We want Slacker!!!
I personally never requested Spotify.

Seriously though, I didn’t understand why Spotify is a separate channel rather than just part of streaming as an additional option/filter. I just want some song or station to play, doesn’t matter who sends the bits over.
That is a good point. The issue though comes down to songs that have multiple versions or remixes, etc. Spotify's ability to play specific versions of songs, and to see an album and list all the tracks is much better than Slacker. But Slacker's channels are much better than Spotify. Spotify's channels look more like someone used an software program to generate them, while Slacker's seem more like a human did some things.

Hi,

Thanks for posting this - I had the same question. Only workaround that I have found is to logout of spotify and then the search will let you find Slacker stations. Then I went through and "hearted" a bunch of slacker stations to add them to my favorites list. At least then I can still access them once I log back into spotify. Not a complete solution but better than nothing.

How do I "deactivate" Spotify? I have cancelled my account, so when I select it, it does say Invalid account which is good. however, when I use the search button, I only get results for Caroke. I'm on 50.1. Just got an alert for an update however! Hoping this fixes this issue as I never had an issue searching Slacker, but now I can't seem to search Slacker at all. Anyone else see the same thing?

Same problem here! Finished my free trial of Spotify and want to completely remove or “deactivate” it. It still populated my login credentials and says “invalid account.” I still can’t search Slacker. Any workaround to make the system believe I never had a Spotify account?