Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I get an email "How is your charging experience" after my first supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great I think, I can tell them the problems I had BUT

The questions are all about what electrician I hired and whether I like/would recommend them. WTH - I bought nothing from Tesla that indicates any such installation - can't they even get their database right? (eg don't send an inappropriate questionnaire when no product has been purchased that relates to the questions asked)

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA

The questions are all about what electrician I hired and whether I like/would recommend them. WTH - I bought nothing from Tesla that indicates any such installation - can't they even get their database right? (eg don't send an inappropriate questionnaire when no product has been purchased that relates to the questions asked)

Geez,
So is this such a big deal. You make it sound like they do everything wrong, and now this email is just intolerable.
It’s just a mistaken email dude. No harm.
Grab a coffee and relax a little.

• Funny
Reactions: TomT and P85_DA

Did you use a supercharger? If you used one they might want to know about your experience charging. Just a guess. Enjoy your day:)

• Love
I got that email after I charged at home for the first time as well. I found nothing offensive about the email, but took it as TESLA wanting to know if I had questions and if I liked the electrician enough to recommend him.

I had charged on a 120 volt circuit, so didn’t hire an electrician. I think you are reading too much into the email...

I’m sure Tesla would be happy to hear about more electricians that people have used and been happy with (or if they had a problem might also factor into one they are considering). They clearly know who’s a new owner.

While Tesla has a list of recommended electricians, with the high volume of Teslas being sold and people needing work installing outlets/HPWCs/etc in their homes I’m sure their current list gets overused and doesn’t cover as much of the country as it could. Why anyone would ascribe anything not positive about this request has me agreeing with chilling out. Not sure why this deserved a thread. Given the attitude maybe a return of car is in order and go back to something else. You’re in the Tesla world now and they are working to make things better for owners. BTW people here on the forum ask for recommendations all the time.

And FWIW we hired an electrician to install an upgraded circuit and add a NEMA 14-50 back in early 2017 to charge our first Tesla, so no Tesla product was installed. We were very happy with our installation work and recommended to a few people here in our area. If we would have gotten a similar email back then, we would have happily passed on our electrician’s info and felt good about possibly helping out future owners looking for a solid person to do the work.

Last edited:
Did you use a supercharger? If you used one they might want to know about your experience charging. Just a guess. Enjoy your day:)
EXACTLY- I had only charged once at a supercharger (new owner) and had some issues (which an another owner helped me with) about connecting and not being notified on the app when charging was near completion or completed that resulted in (forgiven for first time offense) idle fees.
Great, I thought they are paying attention to customer experience :) Well, no. Every question was about what electrician I had used and whether I'd use them again. Not one question that related to me (I had no experience charging at home and have not hired any electrician as I had installed nothing nor do I intend to :( )

EXACTLY- I had only charged once at a supercharger (new owner) and had some issues (which an another owner helped me with) about connecting and not being notified on the app when charging was near completion or completed that resulted in (forgiven for first time offense) idle fees.
Great, I thought they are paying attention to customer experience :) Well, no. Every question was about what electrician I had used and whether I'd use them again. Not one question that related to me (I had no experience charging at home and have not hired any electrician as I had installed nothing nor do I intend to :( )

So again, why is this such a horrible offence.
It’s an email wrongly sent. Are you that traumatized by it. ?

Can you send a copy of this terrible email, so we can see it ?