Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I received a HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, to my surprise when plugging in my Vehicle Spec into ev-cpo.com’s Tesla option decoder tool, I recieved this:

APH4 AP 3.0

Which is the new HW3.0 if I’m not mistaken!

For my 100D that was just finished manufacturing on Friday and was delivered today from the Fremont factory. So... I am not going to tear apart the car for everyone’s amusement. I don’t notice really anything different versus my prior HW2.5 so what, if, anything should I look for? I didn’t purchase FSD so it is just normal Autopilot at this point.

Attachments

• 14DD14FF-961D-4BA1-A573-C7955365024F.jpeg
    14DD14FF-961D-4BA1-A573-C7955365024F.jpeg
    641.8 KB · Views: 434
So, to my surprise when plugging in my Vehicle Spec into ev-cpo.com’s Tesla option decoder tool, I recieved this:

APH4 AP 3.0

For my 100D that was just finished manufacturing on Friday and was delivered today from the Fremont factory. So... I am not going to tear apart the car for everyone’s amusement. I don’t notice really anything different versus my prior HW2.5 so what, if, anything should I look for? I didn’t purchase FSD so it is just normal Autopilot at this point.
I doubt the AP software can benefit from HW3, especially considering it is not running any demanding tasks. Elon stated HW3 would only be needed for high complexity FSD. Normal AP on the highway probably didn't even cap out HW2 computing power.

Reactions: Deraillor and Fiver

Drive Old Santa Cruz Highway from Bear Creek Rd. to Summit Rd. See if Autosteer can stay in the lane. If so, it is probably HW3, because HW2.5 sure as heck can't do it, even at 3 MPH behind other cars, without continuously panicking and saying "Take over immediately". :)

APH4 AP 3.0

Did you pay for FSD with your order?

APH4 AP 3.0

Wow that pic looks sharp as well, is that a nice camera you used or does it just look so good on my phone?

Reactions: APotatoGod
Drive Old Santa Cruz Highway from Bear Creek Rd. to Summit Rd. See if Autosteer can stay in the lane. If so, it is probably HW3, because HW2.5 sure as heck can't do it, even at 3 MPH behind other cars, without continuously panicking and saying "Take over immediately". :)
Hmm... I
Wow that pic looks sharp as well, is that a nice camera you used or does it just look so good on my phone?

Just my iPhone XS Max. I wanted to break out the bigger guns but alas that will wait for another day.

APH4 AP 3.0

how to check the spec?

how to check the spec?
Before delivery, go to your Tesla page and there will be a box called “View Spec”. Copy the URL link that it uses to create the PDF and then go to :

https://www.ev-cpo.com/hunter/?lookup

And then paste it there. You will see the breakdown of your option codes. Note that once the vehicle is delivered you can no longer get the spec so make sure to save it.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Which version of firmware do you have?

2019.8.3 supposedly has stop light detection while on AP.

So it would be interesting if it will detect a red light while you're on autosteer.

Can you register with TeslaFi?

It would be fun to have a HW3 vehicle on TeslaFi. So we can track which version of firmware the HW3 vehicles get.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod