Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Like it has been a month, and how many new Model 3s are out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got TSLA too. But, I am long for the stock. I am not judging it by such finite expectations. I also want my model 3 today, but I don't want it even 1 day too soon. If you are too worried about Tesla's performance, then maybe you should sell your stock? You have that lever. Not everyone shares your opinion which is why you have not gotten a lot of traction in this thread. To each his own, I am keeping my TSLA for the long run and impatiently waiting for my model 3, hopefully in November.

I've got TSLA too. But, I am long for the stock. I am not judging it by such finite expectations. I also want my model 3 today, but I don't want it even 1 day too soon. If you are too worried about Tesla's performance, then maybe you should sell your stock? You have that lever. Not everyone shares your opinion which is why you have not gotten a lot of traction in this thread. To each his own, I am keeping my TSLA for the long run and impatiently waiting for my model 3, hopefully in November.
I've received tons of likes. count them if you wish.

Earlier in life I used to wonder why folks who disagree were the most vocal, then I got older and it makes sense. .

Tesla should release monthly sales and not make such a big deal of making a new car. What is a big deal for Tesla is the volume for the 3.
The problem is how Tesla makes car, according to EV-sales.blogspot.com there where 10 814 Tesla registered in the world in June and then 4 884 in July, should the market understand that it's just normal for Tesla or should we see headlines of how Tesla is loosing customers?

They have produced 30 cars. This we know. This is ALL we know. Its the first time they have met a date in..... We have to be able to agree on that.

The OP's question is: How many cars so far? Does Tesla owe an answer, no. Should they provide an answer IMO yes. This is their mass market product. Why not show investors that they haven't made a mistake "this time" on the dates thereby increasing investor confidence.

They seem to tweet about everything else. Why not success?
This is really funny, as many have point out Tesla said that they had produce 50 cars when they had the revelling but you continue to say that the 30 we saw get delivered is the only thing that counts. If Elon tweeted that they delivered 110 Model 3 in August, then you would probably still say that you have only sean 30 get delivered and that was counts. How do you want Tesla to present the numbers so that you believe them?

To say ALL we know is that they've delivered 30 cars is silly.

We've actually seen with our own eyes, dozens more, including some with plastic on the steering wheel.

Maybe that #200 we saw was actually part of the July 28 reveal, but Elon went to the owner and asked to wrap the steering wheel with plastic, and gave them a sheet of paper with vin #200 on it, just so it would seem they are making new cars.

Maybe it was his genius plan to make the vin #'s seem like they are newly seen car.

When we see vin #1100 in the next 6 weeks, it was really a car from July 28.

That Elon...

I want to ignore this thread and never ever come back here.
Is there a button to push, check to check, anything that will delete this thread from my existence?

It's almost like a slow motion train wreck that keeps getting shown over and over. Once witnessed, it cannot be unwitnessed.

I just have to wonder how many more "hand wringing" threads will be created during the Model 3 rollout? Surely when Tesla makes 4,975 cars the last week of December versus the hoped for 5,000 the world will truly come to an end. :D

My second favorite recent "hand wringing" thread is related to this one actually... That's the one where there are going to be so many Model 3's out in the wild that the Supercharger network is going to be overwhelmed.

Tesla is installing 40 chargers in Baker, 18 in Yermo, and Barstow has 16 already. It's like people think that Tesla and Elon are so dumb that they can't foresee that additional Superchargers need to be deployed. Of course they know this, and they are doing it!

Three things I do not worry about:
1. Will the Sun come up tomorrow.
2. Will the Model 3 production ramp occur.
3. Will there be enough Superchargers.

Wow, coffee shop opens up in just 32 minutes. Yay!

RT

To say ALL we know is that they've delivered 30 cars is silly.

We've actually seen with our own eyes, dozens more, including some with plastic on the steering wheel.

Maybe that #200 we saw was actually part of the July 28 reveal, but Elon went to the owner and asked to wrap the steering wheel with plastic, and gave them a sheet of paper with vin #200 on it, just so it would seem they are making new cars.

Maybe it was his genius plan to make the vin #'s seem like they are newly seen car.

When we see vin #1100 in the next 6 weeks, it was really a car from July 28.

That Elon...
No, obviously they skipped the 100 series VIN's and went right on to the 200's. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: jhs_7645
I've bought and sold TSLA five times since $177 and realized some very fat gains, albeit taxed at the higher rate. I'm counting on TSLA to succeed, but also that there will be more bumps in the road so that I can buy low again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have $30K riding on it. Does anyone else?

Tesla needs Model 3 profit for their investors. Side bonus - I get mine.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vern Padgett
@Garlan Garner -- FWIW, I just noticed that the Model 3 reservation FAQ has this little nugget:

Model 3 Reservations FAQ

We are shipping our first cars to employees now and expect to begin shipping the Long Range Battery configuration to customers in late October. The Standard Battery configuration will be available very soon thereafter.

So, the best information you have from Tesla is that you should not expect to see any customer deliveries until late October. Anything earlier than that and they have exceeded expectations. You have every right to be disappointed, but from now on, you should consider your expectations set -- directly by Tesla -- with a link.

here's one data point i found, #142 produced in July

20170903_071144.jpg