Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So... This Happened Today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20210612_162945.jpg

Cruising around in my hometown in my M3P with Wifey and the kids and happened to see "P3D". Shocked me enough that I followed the lady into a grocery store, backed in beside her and took a photo. (She took one too!)

Hers is a 2018, mine is 2021 😁

I don't think thrre's any difference, just being an ass. However it really seams that some cars have a betty paint quality than others for some reasons....
I can't really go either way on the paint quality spectrum yet. I've got a couple minor chips in the front and there's a 2mm long spot on the back bumper where you can see black plastic, but my other car a Hyundai Santa Fe has chips in it as well and I take it as just what happens to cars when they're driven and not garage queens.

It pains me to see the M3P's on here that people have had for 2 years but have less than 10k miles on them. What's the point?

She said that they didn't get the white seats because they have dogs. From what I've seen with my M3P, the seats are extremely easy to clean. Maybe it was an issue of them not wanting to SEE the dog hair on the seats. As far as I'm concerned, the white interior is the only way to go :D
Lol yes the white seats are kind of growing on me. We ordered black seats though, we have a black dog so figured the seats will look black anyway 😂

I can't really go either way on the paint quality spectrum yet. I've got a couple minor chips in the front and there's a 2mm long spot on the back bumper where you can see black plastic, but my other car a Hyundai Santa Fe has chips in it as well and I take it as just what happens to cars when they're driven and not garage queens.

It pains me to see the M3P's on here that people have had for 2 years but have less than 10k miles on them. What's the point?
Some small impacts due to stones are normal. However I saw some M3 with heavy paint damages which were not normal even in our Canadian salty Winters.
The Antirouille Bolduc guys showed me some M3 in a sad shape after just 1 Winter.
I was lucky since mine went through a Montreal Winter without any protection, and the paint wasn't damaged. Since Ididn't want to tempt the devil, I added ppf, mudflaps and rust treatment...so far so good with my MR3 Dec 2018.

Some small impacts due to stones are normal. However I saw some M3 with heavy paint damages which were not normal even in our Canadian salty Winters.
The Antirouille Bolduc guys showed me some M3 in a sad shape after just 1 Winter.
I was lucky since mine went through a Montreal Winter without any protection, and the paint wasn't damaged. Since Ididn't want to tempt the devil, I added ppf, mudflaps and rust treatment...so far so good with my MR3 Dec 2018.
Interestingly enough, mine came with front mud flaps installed and there was a set of rear ones in the trunk when I took delivery. I was kinda surprised by this, but I recall seeing a bunch of new cars at the Lawrence Ave location that had the front flaps, so probably something they were doing proactively there.

there was a set of rear ones in the trunk when I took delivery.

Those aren't rear flaps. They're additions for the front flaps if you prefer to have a longer length.

Front flaps have been installed for free on all Canadian M3s for some time now, due to complaints of stones thrown from the front tires chipping the paint of the rocker panels and other lower areas.

• Informative
Reactions: brulaz
Those aren't rear flaps. They're additions for the front flaps if you prefer to have a longer length.

Front flaps have been installed for free on all Canadian M3s for some time now, due to complaints of stones thrown from the front tires chipping the paint of the rocker panels and other lower areas.
And now you can tell that I've never actually looked closely at the ones in the trunk LOL.
Thanks for this!