Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to configure AWD. The option was available to me. Configured, and tried to pay with Apple Pay (twice) and it errored out. Tried again with a credit card, and got a similar error. Started over and the AWD option is gone.

Called Tesla sales. They punted. They said the website was operated by a different team, and they’re off today. Basically told me “not my problem”. Lovely.

• Funny
Reactions: DR61
Once again people! This is the thread for have successfully configured their P or AWD Model 3s. NOT the thread for people who have not been able to order their Model 3s for one reason or another!
I already configured the RWD on 4/18, no VIN yet, and called Tesla to inquire about changing my configuration to the dual motor. They said no problem, but it would be about 9 months based on my RN. Based on this, I would suggest that this is all an error, and nobody will be able to actually configure dual motor until they receive an actual invitation just like the original.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arpe and galbrecht7
I already configured the RWD on 4/18, no VIN yet, and called Tesla to inquire about changing my configuration to the dual motor. They said no problem, but it would be about 9 months based on my RN. Based on this, I would suggest that this is all an error, and nobody will be able to actually configure dual motor until they receive an actual invitation just like the original.
What was your original date in the delivery estimator for AWD, before you placed your RWD order?

EE0F9DEF-6F36-41C3-A4A5-0293D1BE8239.jpeg
Received email to configure AWD or Performance at 7:02pm EST. Ordered AWD at 7:08pm EST. Current owner and was first in line to reserve at Columbus, OH location on 3/31/16.

Thanks to a huge favor from a friend, I've got a Performance model ordered (red paint, 20" Sport wheels, white interior). A couple of unexpected things I noticed:

-No red brake calipers on P. I'm not going to cry about it but I'll be honest: I'm a tad disappointed by this, given A) how neat I think it looks, and B) we've seen test mules sporting them.

-The spoiler is installed after delivery. Again, slightly disappointing but just a mild inconvenience.

Thanks to a huge favor from a friend, I've got a Performance model ordered (red paint, 20" Sport wheels, white interior). A couple of unexpected things I noticed:

-No red brake calipers on P. I'm not going to cry about it but I'll be honest: I'm a tad disappointed by this, given A) how neat I think it looks, and B) we've seen test mules sporting them.

-The spoiler is installed after delivery. Again, slightly disappointing but just a mild inconvenience.

You got performance? I can only assume white interior also. Damn I thought you were budgeting for a lower cost version. Podcasting is profitable eh?

Regardless, congrats. I got my brake calipers powder coated red with Tesla logos on them from a detailing shop for about $600. They look OEM and saved me $2,000. Save some money and do it aftermarket.

It appears like no Sonic Carbon wheel option either?

Also, do you mind if I ask if your friend's favor was a tip on how to get configurator access? I was originally invited on 2/22 like you, but still have no ability to order the Performance model. I've been waiting for this since 2013 and seeing everyone else order might just drive me nuts :eek:

Ryan,

Is it possible you can pass on help as to what your friend had you do in order to configure? VPN to a certain special Tesla server? Elon has gone dark and is no longer tweeting and many of us can't configure.

Many of us would love to know what the secret is.

Reactions: Model S M.D.

Maybe I’m staying the obvious, but I’m becoming more and more convinced there is zero powertrain and chassis difference between the standard AWD and P model. The only definitive differences we can ascertain at this point are:

1. Motors that test to higher spec (but pulled from same line as standard AWD production, no design/build difference)

2. Software to uncork speed

No confirmed mentions anywhere about suspension or brake upgrades. Lack of red calipers seems to support this notion.

It appears the only true cost of material increase for TSLA to build performance model is 20” wheels and spoiler (can’t argue white interior is more since it is just replacing similar/like materials in black).

Just realized I went OT for thread after I typed this. Sorry in advance!