Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So who actually has configured their P or AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem with this plan is Tesla is likely to add additional features over time. They would need to send an email out to everyone that had already configured to optionally re-configure. It also locks in today’s pricing. Tesla needs the ability to adjust pricing based on a few factors. The number of people that would cry fowl if pricing changed after they configured would be significant.
People will complain no matter what. :p Plausible reasoning I guess, but what pricing would change at this point?

S owner. I can configure a RWD since a few months ago. I never selected the option to let Tesla know I wanted to wait for the AWD or standard battery. Do you think that affects your ability to configure AWD/P? You can still select the notify me when AWD/P is available but not sure if I should just leave it untouched.

Man what I the perfect solution to this problem!
I never selected that either, but no clue if it had any bearing or not. To the best of my knowledge it shouldn't make any difference. That said, I did select it now, just in case. :p

Yes. Yes I did. :cool:
I keep checking my Tesla account to make sure my order is still there. My order is still there. :eek:

I thought I'd pop over here to see if anybody else was able to order. I knew @ryanjm was able to, and I see @NickHoffmann got an order in too. But seriously, I haven't heard of anybody else being able to place an order. That's insane.

I was an early line-waiter (finished reserving 11 minutes after the store opened).

Awesome, congratulations!

Sorry, didn’t mean it like that. This was really just me directly at me. I stayed up til 3am Sunday morning hitting refresh waiting for the new options appear and got frustrated when it didn’t. Then more frustrated the last few days when the priority rules changed. Being an existing owner and line waiter (middle to end of the line) in NorCal I thought I had a good shot at getting one of the first dual motor cars. Now it looks like there will many thousands of people ahead. But it’s ok, I’ve made my peace. Just gonna enjoy my S and X and order when it’s my turn.

Hey thanks for clarifying. I think if the past is any indicator of what lies ahead for the Model 3 (i.e. the cars keep getting better for the same price) those who are patient will be rewarded. Once the Tesla fever grips you all rational thought goes out the window though :)

Hey thanks for clarifying. I think if the past is any indicator of what lies ahead for the Model 3 (i.e. the cars keep getting better for the same price) those who are patient will be rewarded. Once the Tesla fever grips you all rational thought goes out the window though :)

Yep. I had an S 85 from March 2013, but went with the P90D on the X in March 2016. My justification was that the kids were growing out of the jump seats, so I needed to get the car a few months earlier... But this time I'm just waiting for AWD, not Performance.

Even if that change is true, something is wrong. Both @Leodoc and I (and I'm sure many others) waited on line on the first day 3/31/16 (mine were about 11am Eastern), yet it appears people who ordered online that night or the next day are getting invited to configure AWD and Performance. And on top of that we're both Tesla owners...
@PeterK - I just got an email from Tesla to configure the AWD/P. I was in line with you at Dedham. Hopefully you will be able to configure soon too

Reactions: Snow Drift
"Yes. Yes I did. :cool:
I keep checking my Tesla account to make sure my order is still there. My order is still there. :eek:
I thought I'd pop over here to see if anybody else was able to order. I knew @ryanjm was able to, and I see @NickHoffmann got an order in too. But seriously, I haven't heard of anybody else being able to place an order. That's insane.
I was an early line-waiter (finished reserving 11 minutes after the store opened)."

I posted couple of days ago in another thread. i was 3rd on the line in Brooklyn and was able to configure my AWD model 3 late afternoon on Sunday.