Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal to Las Vegas, Holiday Weekend

Oba

Jun 7, 2015
SoCal
I'm driving to Las Vegas from SoCal, and am wondering what surprises the long holiday weekend might bring.

Has there been waiting or lines at Barstow or Primm Superchargers?

Our hotel in Las Vegas has a few places to plug-in, but I'm thinking that might be a fight, too.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
I'm driving to Las Vegas from SoCal, and am wondering what surprises the long holiday weekend might bring.

Our hotel in Las Vegas has a few places to plug-in, but I'm thinking that might be a fight, too.

As with many 3 day weekends, that drive is tougher because of the volume of cars on I-15.

Not sure about the Superchargers on holiday weekends as I avoid going to Vegas on these same holiday weekends.

As for hotels, bring your UMC as many valets also have NEMA 14-50 as well as straight up HPWC Destination Charger. Might be a good idea to also carry your J1772 adapter, just in case.

Zroiron

Poodle Pack Leader
Feb 11, 2014
Las Vegas

You can also hit the superchargers in downtown Vegas (Bridger and 8th) across the street from Container Park. They are rarely full...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC