Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd just like to say that IMO TSLA seems little crazy right now because the stuff that everyone cares about is exactly the stuff that Tesla can't talk about.

Gigafactory prep and negotiations.

Bears have gotten themselves in a real knot with speculating weak demand, which of course is nonsense par excellence. Most likely the rush of Norwegian deliveries at the end of March were on top of guidance. Tesla would not have risked including those in the 6400 guided that close to the quarterly deadline, especially considering they were reportedly dragging in staff from all over to help perform the deliveries.

I think if one can bear the bears dominating the news flow TSLA will do very nicely when the curtain is lifted on gigafactory progress. Buy on the dips seems sensible.

Bears have gotten themselves in a real knot with speculating weak demand, which of course is nonsense par excellence. Most likely the rush of Norwegian deliveries at the end of March were on top of guidance. Tesla would not have risked including those in the 6400 guided that close to the quarterly deadline, especially considering they were reportedly dragging in staff from all over to help perform the deliveries.

I hope you're right but I don't follow your logic that dragging staff in from all over to deliver cars means they were NOT acting desperately.

I did that first thing this morning. By some stroke of luck, my broker had to review the order before it went through, and I ended up getting them near $210. For some reason last night, I just felt uber exposed with all of my current positions (Mostly some very red LEAPS and a few June $270's) and decided I could not go unhedged any longer.

The toughest part for me will be waiting this out and hoping that things will turn around over the course of the year. I'm a reed in the stream when it comes to these short term movements, and I've already resigned my June 270's to the outer fringes of hope for a good return.

All in all, just a pretty awful day. I think I have one green stock on my watchlist.

ckessel, haven you started buying puts? or sold calls?
I was tapped out a while back on the way down. I have no more plays to make for a few months in TSLA. I'm all in on OTM Jan 2015 LEAPS, so following ken's rolling LEAPS plan that would get shifted in sometime on/after the June timeframe. Though at this rate there may not be much to shift. Hopefully this downtrend lasts no longer than the last one.

I hope you're right but I don't follow your logic that dragging staff in from all over to deliver cars means they were NOT acting desperately.

I think it is a fair point that this company does not plan a panic to achieve guidance. Instead they issue guidance with safety margins.

What they have been observed to do though is to pull stunts to exceed guidance, for example selling out of service loaners in Q2 2013 despite the service department pleading to hang on to them. I think I can feel an air of excitement about landing the boats in Norway with days to spare and pulling in staff to deliver them, not a sense of panic.

I think it is a fair point that this company does not plan a panic to achieve guidance. Instead they issue guidance with safety margins.

What they have been observed to do though is to pull stunts to exceed guidance, for example selling out of service loaners in Q2 2013 despite the service department pleading to hang on to them. I think I can feel an air of excitement about landing the boats in Norway with days to spare and pulling in staff to deliver them, not a sense of panic.

With my large investment in TSLA Leaps I hope you are correct. However I suspect an unbiased, rational, third party wouldn't be so sure.

One caveat to this would be that the production rate could have possibly was lower in the last 3.5 weeks of the quarter because TM started adding the additional aluminum/titanium shielding on March 6th.