Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like we are going to get our first close above $200 today!
elon-musk-champagne.jpg

Nice discussion of LEAPS today. Is anyone planning to hedge their Long term options with short term calls? IV is sure to drop after the earnings report. I have some jan 16 175 strike leaps. Cant decide whether to cover them or let them run. Thanks.

I may be hedging tomorrow depending on run-up price, with a sell-to-open OTM calls against the same or higher strike I carry in LEAPS (J15 $250)- probably a June; haven't decided yet, but under consideration.

Anyone know the call in number for the earnings call tomorrow?

Tesla Motors Announces Date for Fourth Quarter Full Year 2013 Financial Results | Press Releases | Tesla Motors

TESLA MOTORS ANNOUNCES DATE FOR FOURTH QUARTER & FULL YEAR 2013 FINANCIAL RESULTS
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 2014
PALO ALTO, Calif., January 29, 2014 – Tesla announced today that it will post its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2013, after market close on Wednesday, February 19, 2014. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory release via Marketwire containing a link to the fourth quarter and full year 2013 Shareholder Letter, available on the company website. Tesla management will hold a live question & answer webcast at 2:30pm Pacific Standard Time (5:30pm Eastern Standard Time) to discuss the Company's financial and business results and outlook.

What
Tesla Motors, Inc. Fourth Quarter & Full Year 2013 Financial Results Q&A Webcast

When
Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Time
2:30pm Pacific Standard Time / 5:30pm Eastern Standard Time

Shareholder Letter
Tesla - Investors Overview

Webcast
Tesla - Investors Overview (live and replay)

No phone number that I could find everything is now a web cast.
Approximately two hours after the Q&A session, an archived version of the webcast will be available on the Company's website for a period of one year.

tried to find that phone number for you but I don't see it on their website. Someone will post it, I've seen it for previous ER's. So, what is the general consensus for tomorrow? I'm 80/20 that we will see a positive reaction to earnings and see a $5-$20 gain in stock price. I'm only holding shares right now and I really don't want to hedge. Opinions?

I thought I would wait and see what the price action is tomorrow, if we have a big run up it will make me nervous, I would rather see flat or some profit taking before the end of the day.

tried to find that phone number for you but I don't see it on their website. Someone will post it, I've seen it for previous ER's.

I think they've stopped publicly sharing the call-in number since it costs them money for each person that calls in. Instead, they're publicly sharing on the web url and privately sharing the call-in number to analysts only.

I think they've stopped publicly sharing the call-in number since it costs them money for each person that calls in. Instead, they're publicly sharing on the web url and privately sharing the call-in number to analysts only.

Thats annoying bc ill be on the road and i dont think my iPhone can listen in from the web...
maybe if I can dig up the number posted from last quarter it will work...

"Exponential explosion upwards imminent. Just don't know when."

Doing my taxes and going through my transactions. I found an interesting note that I write on December 26th 2012 on TSLA while reflecting on the whole year. Back then, the recovery was still in doubt. The presidential election happened. Great uncertain abound. I was worried about Republican taking over and putting a damper on green and renewable stocks. On the other hand, Romney might be a great candidate to get the economy going coming from a corporate background

Try the Q2 number. I don't remember seeing the phone number during Q3.

The iPhone might work though.

iPhone won't work unless you can call in f course. The website still uses Flash (unsupported and properly so on iOS). I've put in several requests for the website to update to more modern HTML5 standard and get off Flash use, but they must be busy with other things ;)

Just so you all know, I had a dream last night that on the conference call today Elon pulled a hat trick at the end and said version 6.0 would be pushed out to everyone tonight. :D

Excellent! Solar: Answering your question here on 'social' thread: Still plan to do solar at my house this year. Will replace 20+ year old roof first, the go solar. We discussed for the business but too cost prohibit to supply ENTIRE electrical needs but may try to do partial.
Options: Did sell the 2nd third of my weeklies when we hit $206 briefly yesterday. Riding the rest of the weeklies through ER/Guidance no matter what happens during the day today. Keeping my deep ITM Jan2015 Leaps. Have some $110s, $140s and $170s. Not sure what to do with them but I have time to figure that out.

- - - Updated - - -

Just so you all know, I had a dream last night that on the conference call today Elon pulled a hat trick at the end and said version 6.0 would be pushed out to everyone tonight. :D

OK. A favor: Can you take a nap before earnings and dream of an AWD S announcement?