Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is advertisement that companies will pay TSLA's current net worth for but still won't get. Elon need to think about how to use this recent fame. I am sure if Tesla wasn't on someone mind before, they are now.

I would go with preannouncing the 2014 guidance in Jan (if it is good) reveal of China reservation and A Kevlar optional Addon with bullet proof glass as a "military" option. 1-2-3 punch at an unexpected time.

The problem is that everyone thinks that there's not going to be any news till march earnings, so it is fairly easy to short. And this is affecting the price as well as morale at the factory for those ppl who are paid in options.

No one knows when the next bit of good news will come. How many people anticipated Consumer Reports' review or the NHTSA report on safety? Something will come out that we don't expect....

Oh, I did. More than once. Always on days when morale was down. And I posted it here every time. Just check :)

Agreed. When the third fire hit the forum I had an 'holy s**t' reaction and immediately sold 80% of my position in TSLA. Ok, that qualifies me as a 'weak long' (I prefer someone who is guarding his gains..but). Both times it has dipped to below $135 I have bought back in small quantities. It does 'feel' like a double bottom dip but it also 'felt' like we would see $200 pretty easily by Jan 1, 2014. So, I will continue to nibble back in even if it means I miss a big surge.

Agreed. When the third fire hit the forum I had an 'holy s**t' reaction and immediately sold 80% of my position in TSLA. Ok, that qualifies me as a 'weak long' (I prefer someone who is guarding his gains..but). Both times it has dipped to below $135 I have bought back in small quantities. It does 'feel' like a double bottom dip but it also 'felt' like we would see $200 pretty easily by Jan 1, 2014. So, I will continue to nibble back in even if it means I miss a big surge.

Now I think it will be February before we see $200. Just after the next earnings call.

Back on the subject of the igornance of the media, one of the hosts of Bloomberg Surveillance said this morning that the chrome book charger recall is just like the "problem" with the Model S. She should be fire for a statement like that. Its wrong on so many different levels. They can't understand that there is no problem with the Model S!

No need for a separate chat thread I guess no posts now in a whole day. I bought back covered calls I sold in August today so that makes me slightly more bullish. I'm happy I got most that premium and I still have Tesla shares. I would have fared better selling the stock outright at this point but I don't think that will keep me from doing it again the next time the stock is up there.

Well....this sucks.......

I kind of disagree. However far down TSLA wants to go, just please let it get there quickly. Then we can start some positive momentum again and revive at least our longer term options. To me, the worst case scenario would be for the stock to stagnate in the 130's. I'll go scrounging between the cushions for some cash to buy in if we get near $100, but if it bounces upward before I buy in more, I'll have no problem with that.

Sure hope there is one ;) The 11AM one has already passed and instead the slow drop lower kept going. We've seen almost the full daily volume of 10M already traded before lunch and I can't see any substantial news that could have explained the high volume price action here...

Hope dies last..... but I wasn't expecting such a big drop....I really thought we would recover to above 135$ at least.....
The lunchtime reversal might still happen but at this point it's not looking good at all...we are in oversold territory IMHO....but we have been oversold since 160$ for me :crying: