Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
149.30 AH haha. Of course, low volume though

Boom, I nailed the bottom today on the $155s. that $1.25 order was me haha. Or course it doesnt mean anything yet. lol
Been a decent week of me on calling the ends. Yesterday i sold out of my $150s and was the topper for that.

149.30? Maybe a delayed or combo trade... (see 16:06:41)

OIn9Cqz.png

Still bouncing around 150 + or - a couple points.

Any news on what's planned for NAIAS?

I'd be surprised if Tesla doesn't present the finalized version of the Model X on Tues. very excited as a res holder on what the finalized features/technology will be.

Im very curious what the Panasonic press conference on Monday will be about though, if it has any surprise that has to do with Tesla. Panasonic had a booth at CES and in their booth was just a Model S.

I'd be surprised if Tesla doesn't present the finalized version of the Model X on Tues. very excited as a res holder on what the finalized features/technology will be.

Im very curious what the Panasonic press conference on Monday will be about though, if it has any surprise that has to do with Tesla. Panasonic had a booth at CES and in their booth was just a Model S.

Imagine if Panasonic announced that they are opening their new battery production line very soon.

So what are everyone's price predictions for next week? Mine is 165, I know Sleepy thinks I'm nuts, and he's right!

This extended $150 base I think will provide a nice launch pad for a pretty big bull run... If we get at least 2 catalyst. If we get more than two, including NHTSB giving the all clear IMO the sky is the limit if the short interest is still crazy high. Again I'd like to provide my general disclaimer of "I'm crazy".

So what are everyone's price predictions for next week? Mine is 165, I know Sleepy thinks I'm nuts, and he's right!

This extended $150 base I think will provide a nice launch pad for a pretty big bull run... If we get at least 2 catalyst. If we get more than two, including NHTSB giving the all clear IMO the sky is the limit if the short interest is still crazy high. Again I'd like to provide my general disclaimer of "I'm crazy".

I think there is a small chance for a 10%-15% move next week and I have placed my bets just in case it does happen. It will require some great news though in order to happen.

Just understand that any weeklies you buy is just speculative gambling. The odds still favor only a minor move for TSLA, though I am hoping for more.

Good luck to all TSLA investors.

A little tweet just landed in my feed, some disappointing news for BMWi buyers in California, they may not get the sticker for the right to drive in carpool lane. IMO that car does not deserve to be in the same lane as Tesla

TheStreet
@TheStreet
3h
BMW Suffers Big Setback Against Tesla in California http://trib.al/PCkipLh

Bothers me when people talk about these cars as competitors, because they are not at all similar. Anyhow, good. White stickers are for ZEVs. An engine is not zero emissions. End of story. Get it with no engine of you want a white sticker.

Looks like TSLA is testing the 50 day moving avg.

Bought more $155 Jan18's to DCA. Now it is just gambling, haha.

Nothing I can't afford to lose and it is sort of a hedge against a hedge just in case there is a huge catalyst over the next week. Have a ton of covered calls that I don't want to risk expiring ITM.

Looks like TSLA is testing the 50 day moving avg.

Bought more $155 Jan18's to DCA. Now it is just gambling, haha.

Nothing I can't afford to lose and it is sort of a hedge against a hedge just in case there is a huge catalyst over the next week. Have a ton of covered calls that I don't want to risk expiring ITM.

Shaping up to be an interesting day. As with all investing, did not see this one coming. I see no news that would cause this. Programmed selling?

Ouch, this morning's drop caught me by surprise. I have a maintenance call on my account. Never had that before and hadn't really thought about it. I'm not actually borrowing since most of my margin was eaten selling very long term TSLA puts (2015). I've shifted about 1/2 my TSLA, at one point, from stock to LEAPS and I don't think those help from the maintenance point of view.

Edit: dumped a long term put I'd sold, that freed a lot of margin and satisfies the maintenance requirements. Made a slight profit at least as I sold it in when the stock was at $140 a while back.

Freed up far more margin than I needed, but it's good to be far away from that edge. Now the question is do I use a very small portion of that to double down on the Jan 18th options. Not having any clue why the stock dropped makes it hard to judge. No news that I can see, but then TSLA often moves a lot without much news.

Last edited: