Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually think a possible better play than weeklies were March and June calls. Mainly b/c IV was so low as well as prices. We knew we needed news for a rally to START. Buying Mar and June calls still gives you a great return but with much less stress. It also gives you more time to enjoy the rally and let it run it's course once it gets started. It's also easier to hold on longer and enjoy the better returns. Just a thought.

I actually think a possible better play than weeklies were March and June calls. Mainly b/c IV was so low as well as prices. We knew we needed news for a rally to START. Buying Mar and June calls still gives you a great return but with much less stress. It also gives you more time to enjoy the rally and let it run it's course once it gets started. It's also easier to hold on longer and enjoy the better returns. Just a thought.

I agree and less risk. My Junes are doing awesome and you don't have to sweat it.

I'm really happy for folks like sleepy that bought more 155's this am. The ones I bought yesterday that I still have left are 12 baggers.

The ones I bought this morning are 30 baggers by now.

I cashed out all my $155 weeklies at a nice profit (probably up 100% overall, even though I was down about 80% this morning, i.e. 10-bagger increase in value for me from today's low), but it could have been ugly if Jerome didn't give the magic 6900 number :)

The ones I bought this morning are 30 baggers by now.

I cashed out all my $155 weeklies at a nice profit (probably up 100% overall, even though I was down about 80% this morning, i.e. 10-bagger increase in value for me from today's low), but it could have been ugly if Jerome didn't give the magic 6900 number :)

Bought Jan18 140s this AM at $1.75. Had to sell half at $10. Holding the other 25. Congrats to all longs and all the weekly people who had the kahunas to hang in. My 150s and 155s were all deep (80%+) in the red this AM. A very green day today:biggrin:

It is today one year ago since I got my first TSLA stock. I had good feelings regarding today and put alot of my winnings in short term calls. I lost alot recent days, but today I went allin. And what a day. Up over 300% and made one year salary at my regular job. Ty Elon!

shadows, your $170s might start seeing some action if we can spike through $155 today :smile:

Of course I'm regretting not buying up some more $155s this morning @ 0.13-0.14, but i'm happy with the ones i bought at 0.25 yesterday.. overall my cost avg was $0.405

EDIT: congrats Norse :cool:

Well, decided that if I think it is going much higher this week there isn't much point holding on to my 140s. Sold those and used 1/3 the proceeds to buy a bunch of 165s. Locked in profits so far and will be in a much better position if this turns into a full-on squeeze.

Well, decided that if I think it is going much higher this week there isn't much point holding on to my 140s. Sold those and used 1/3 the proceeds to buy a bunch of 165s. Locked in profits so far and will be in a much better position if this turns into a full-on squeeze.

I took some of my cash a few hours ago and bought some 165's. They are up 25% now.

Elon's interview at 3:30 should be interesting. I think he has it out for the shorts again and wants to bring in a full blown squeeze.

That's where I've been making money. Of course, the longer time-frame made them more expensive, so there was less leverage than in the weeklies.

That's where I've been making money. Of course, the longer time-frame made them more expensive, so there was less leverage than in the weeklies.

True, but it's easier to hold on and make a larger return. For example, on weeklies once you hit 50% return I'd most likely sell b/c it can lose that value as fast. But June OTM calls it's easier to hold onto closer to expiration and make a possible 100 or 200% return.

Calls.JPG

I know some of you have some of these. Well done.