Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I was mobile.... Anyway, the investment group that used to very bearish is now admitting they were wrong, were very surprized and are very impressed with TM and their outlook is shifting to bullish with a price target increase at 195 for perfection. The article is quite long and detailed with a good look at TM's free cash flow for short and mid-term.

Thank you, Discoducky. That is indeed interesting! (Was cooking & eating, myself)

I'm very surprised by how boring today's action has been. After some initial very heavy trading and testing both a new 170 and 160 level, the stock has settled into a narrow trading band around 165-166. I was assuming that things would be a bit more volatile today.

Same here. It may just be a bit of a break until tomorrow. Hopefully there will be more news and upgrades.

I nibbled at some Jan 24 180's that are basically flat. Thought long and hard as I way trying to fall asleep how to play Q4 last night. Was convinced some stagger strike March 22 calls around 180-190 would have been perfect. Then i check the pre-market numbers and went back to sleep, no way I was going to touch anything until it calmed some.

What are people doing with their jan options that expire this week? I'm considering rolling mine out to feb or March.

I'm going to be taking small positions in 180s and even some 190s for next week. The balance of news is still going to be positive for TSLA. I've seen this kind of story before in stock with heavy short interest and the run just keeps going...

As for this week, I think we will test 170s again before the end.

Anyone wanna predict todays close?

What are people doing with their jan options that expire this week? I'm considering rolling mine out to feb or March.

I'm going to close mine out on Friday afternoon and re-establish the portion of my core position that I had to unfortunately liquidate after a bad Q3 play, and maybe buy a small amount of very short-term calls. I'm extremely bullish on the next few weeks/months but the premium on the post-earnings options is way too high for me. I think I'll sell puts instead.

I'm going to be taking small positions in 180s and even some 190s for next week. The balance of news is still going to be positive for TSLA. I've seen this kind of story before in stock with heavy short interest and the run just keeps going...

As for this week, I think we will test 170s again before the end.

Thanks for this 772. It got my head out from under the rock and stop being scared. It made me flip my sentiment of thinking that the stall in today price movement was a bad thing, but make me think it was a thing to take advantage of and i bought a few 180s for next week as well.

EDIT: and now we have some action!

This is what I plan to do with the last 10 of my Jan18 140s. I think I might split them for just before and just after ER to try to catch one big jump. Just not sure if we will continue run up to ER, then dip or trade in 160s-170s to ER, then pop......

Just bought back my 170s that I sold last month as a hedge (at a profit too). I think that we might be heading north of $170 this week, and don't want to be on the wrong side of the trade.

If you think about it then that 6900 number is significant, and this is before battery supply constraints have been resolved. This also shows that Tesla will most likely double production in 2014. And as Jerome said for 2014 they have growth, growth, growth in their plans.

I am thinking that this train is heading towards $200.

If you think about it then that 6900 number is significant, and this is before battery supply constraints have been resolved. This also shows that Tesla will most likely double production in 2014. And as Jerome said for 2014 they have growth, growth, growth in their plans.

I'm just giddy right now. It feels like the "good old days," back last spring. Just like the profitability announcement before Q1 caused a significant jump, but was only a prelude to the earnings call and aftermath.

I'm just giddy right now. It feels like the "good old days," back last spring.

Haha, I have that deer in the headlights look right now. Not sure what to do. I'd like to keep the last few days gains but I'd like to stay leveraged. That's why I'm thinking of rolling out to feb and March and keeping the same strikes. Leverage won't be as much but it's not as risky either. All my weeklies are now itm except for the 170's. My gut says that volume will pick up this afternoon and the bull will try again.

Just bought back my 170s that I sold last month as a hedge (at a profit too). I think that we might be heading north of $170 this week, and don't want to be on the wrong side of the trade.

You think we will see another good buy in opportunity? I only have j15 calls left and looking to get some 14

You think we will see another good buy in opportunity? I only have j15 calls left and looking to get some 14

Either today was that opportunity or the stock will not go up as much as I am thinking. If there is weakness tomorrow then the rally is not as strong as I am thinking. Therefore, either buy today or don't buy at all and wait till next week in the 150s.