Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought some more weeklies on this end of day profit taking pullback by the weak longs, aka momo traders. Looking for a nice analyst upgrade tomorrow morning, followed by more panic buying.

When there was reversal today and the stock was around $164 I bought a few $170 weeklies for $1.9. Then the stock didn't really move much and their premiums came down. So when it partially surged again I sold them for ~$2 just to close out the trade. Minutes later the stock came down slowly again only to end in a strong sales move. At the bottom I bought one $170 back for $1 ;) This one I let run overnight in case tomorrow goes exactly as you describe, but I didn't bet too strong. Still have a $157.5 for Jan 31st around too to catch stronger upwards move.

I hope so too, however i've positioned myself for a move to the low 160's and high 150, where i think we'll sit for a bit until things calm down. There's not enough pressure to squeeze higher (not enough margin calls on a 20% movement, and we're only 10 dollars over what the shorts were entering at=155) but there's now much less fear in tesla (higher guidance, less fear of recall) so we won't see a drop below 155.

has anyone noticed the wait time for a p85 has now gone to 1-2 months from 1 month. anybody questioning demand when wait time increasing with larger production numbers is crazy

Customer base is growing. At first just US, then added Europe, now adding China. Every time they add a new area, they will have to significantly increase production, or the times will go up a bit for the existing areas. I think they have managed the expansion very well, since the times have not gone up drastically on any of the expansions. They increase production slowly and then when it has grown enough they expand into a new area.

has anyone noticed the wait time for a p85 has now gone to 1-2 months from 1 month. anybody questioning demand when wait time increasing with larger production numbers is crazy

Truth of the matter is that we have so little visibility into all of that process that making any conclusions based it is ludicrous. As an investor (bull or bear), do you really care that much if Tesla sells a P85+ to Hong Kong or to UK or to California? As long as Tesla is production constrained and is keeping everyone mostly happy, questioning demand is idiotic.

What is concerning is when Tesla has quality issues and is slow to respond. There are only so many times at bat that Tesla has before the customer is too pissed off.

Doesn't work for options, as the time value decays. The question is, after closing out an open call position, how quickly do you put that money back into options, and then what's the right strike & expiration? More challenging than buying the underlying equity, but much more upside.

Well, I meant in the context of holding for a couple of days rather than a couple of hours ;-)

Just realized that the official super charger map shows coast-to-coast travel in the US is now possible, but I don´t hear anyone talking about that! No press release, nothing. This is a pretty major milestone from my point of view - 14 months ago there was not one supercharger station yet (opening of first stations on 11/19/12)!

Just realized that the official super charger map shows coast-to-coast travel in the US is now possible, but I don´t hear anyone talking about that! No press release, nothing. This is a pretty major milestone from my point of view - 14 months ago there was not one supercharger station yet (opening of first stations on 11/19/12)!

I saw something from Tesla saying that they weren't going to call it complete until all stations are 150mi or less apart. It is feasible now in a 80kWh, but you'll need to do full charges at times. That's not good enough for them to start touting it yet.

I saw something from Tesla saying that they weren't going to call it complete until all stations are 150mi or less apart. It is feasible now in a 80kWh, but you'll need to do full charges at times. That's not good enough for them to start touting it yet.

Yeah I concur. They have 3-4 holes to fill to make that an announcable reality. Won't be long, couple of months I'm guessing. Not too far from East coast completion as well. I'll bet they announce both concurrently

This is discussed elsewhere in the forum. We are still about 4-5 Superchargers away from completion, hence no announcement yet. Similarly, we are 2 stations away from the east coast north/south route. It is very likely both of these will be complete this month or first week of Feb.

This is discussed elsewhere in the forum. We are still about 4-5 Superchargers away from completion, hence no announcement yet. Similarly, we are 2 stations away from the east coast north/south route. It is very likely both of these will be complete this month or first week of Feb.

Can you point me to where it´s discussed? Didn´t find anything. Thanks.

Yeah I concur. They have 3-4 holes to fill to make that an announcable reality. Won't be long, couple of months I'm guessing. Not too far from East coast completion as well. I'll bet they announce both concurrently

At the current pace I don´t think it will be months!