Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software 2020.11.105.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I took delivery on 8/6 and mine is still on 2020.11.105.1, yet half of YouTube is flaunting their newly unlocked blindspot/side repeater cameras and other features. This software is from April 2020, the car was built in August 2020, LRAWD, no FSD. The wait for software updates might be just as bad as waiting for car delivery.

I've learned that updates are released in phases with priority given to certain build groups/compatible cars before eventually trickling down. When Apple first started doing major OTA updates for the iPhone 4 and everyone downloaded it simultaneously, it crashed the network. They tried a phased approach only to have the internet rip them apart. Now everyone gets updates at the same time. I'm surprised Tesla keeps advertising revolutionary OTA updates when it's clear the updates do not hit their entire fleet in a timely manner (but technically eventually will).

I've learned that updates are released in phases with priority given to certain build groups/compatible cars before eventually trickling down. When Apple first started doing major OTA updates for the iPhone 4 and everyone downloaded it simultaneously, it crashed the network. They tried a phased approach only to have the internet rip them apart. Now everyone gets updates at the same time. I'm surprised Tesla keeps advertising revolutionary OTA updates when it's clear the updates do not hit their entire fleet in a timely manner (but technically eventually will).

1. Apple has a LOT more history/experience with SW updates
  2. The worst that can happen with a bad update on your phone is it gets bricked. Bad update on a car would have more dire consequences.

When I took delivery on my model 3 in 2019 it didn’t have sentry mode.
The model 3 giving test drives did.
The service people said wait, be patient, it’s coming as an update.
At a tesla meetup everybody had it. Not me
On my car 3 weeks later it finally showed up.

Since then I get an update about every two weeks.
I saw 2020.32.2 mentioned on the forums Thursday 8/20
I received it Sunday 8/23 at night.
Glad I’m not the first in the list.

The only thing I can add is make sure your WiFi is strong by the car.
And
When you’re out driving there will be a cell strength indicator on the upper right side of the display.
When you’re back home and parked that cell indicator should disappear and be replaced by a WiFi signal strength indicator. If it doesn’t change to WiFi you’re not getting your updates.

Three weeks seems to be what I’m seeing as well. I’m in the same boat with 2020.11.105–missing some games but more importantly the side repeater cameras while backing up.

According to Tesla support, my car was on the most up to date firmware for my VIN but an update was pushed to the car and failed to install right before I took delivery.

Only a matter of time now!