Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How check HVIL loop? toolbox possible or multimeter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, my 2018 model 3 all of the sudden stopped in the middle of the road. long story short, tesla wants 14k for a new battery pack. I opened the penthouse and everything "looks good", contactors are open and 185V measured in each terminal. I have old software version and cant update since I have no wifi signal in garage and car doesnt move. the only important error in service mode is HVP_w026_HvilFault
IS there a known procedure to manually check the HV loop? Thank you anyone in advance to point in the right direction.

When you say old software, how old exactly? If its anything recent enough to be a v10.x build, and service mode geofence is no longer applied, then Id start with

a. familiarizing yourself with what you can see for the HV and LV loops, notifications and errors in service mode
b. making use of the service manual in conjunction with above

c. getting the car towed to one of the handful of EV Garage location in/around Miami for additional diagnostics and help

Reactions: buckets0fun
Found this in salvage topic:

HVIL Model 3 (1).png

thank you for the reply. software is 2021.44.30, not geofenced. the only out of ordinary error in the service mode is the hvil loop. I have plenty experience with combustion cars and this is why I refuse to pay 14k to tesla for a new battery pack when I know the batt is not the issue, maybe a damaged contactor? . car was driving with no issues until I used the tesla supercharge station, one hour later the car broke down.

Reactions: Perscitus
Hi, my 2018 model 3 all of the sudden stopped in the middle of the road. long story short, tesla wants 14k for a new battery pack. I opened the penthouse and everything "looks good", contactors are open and 185V measured in each terminal. I have old software version and cant update since I have no wifi signal in garage and car doesnt move. the only important error in service mode is HVP_w026_HvilFault
IS there a known procedure to manually check the HV loop? Thank you anyone in advance to point in the right direction.
Hi I have the same fault on a 22 model S? Did you figure out the issue for your car?