Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Customization/ Coding?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Just curious if there is a way to code the MCUs on Model Xs? Dumb question probably, but just ported over from BMW and there was a phone application called BimmerCode that connected to the vehicle's MCUs via a Bluetooth OBD2 connector to code a myriad of options such as rolling the windows up/ down with the key fob, adjusting turn-indicator blinks per click, front and rear DRLs brightness, etc... the customization options were endless. Just curious if software similar to BimmerCode exists for Teslas?

Thanks in advance,

V/r

Also coming from BMW and did some coding too.
From what I can see, you can do a lot with this car already.
I mean, you can get into the service menu, do lots of things i've seen online.

What do you want to code?
I would really like to have the option to open the doors with the key fob and to roll up/ down the windows with the key fob. It would also be nice to turn off the seat belt chime as my dogs keep activating the seatbelt warning.

Also, I just had a loaner 2019/20 Model X and I didn't realize how awesome and useful the automatic driver-door opening feature would be. I don't see how any of these features couldn't be programmable since literally, the light show does pretty much all of this.

Not that I'm really complaining it would just be nice to have some of those features for specific situations.