Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad everyone's steering wheel heater is working, just in time for summer.... My sound system still doesn't seem to be performing the same as pre- .12. Almost sounds like the wifee's Highlander now and have not noticed any improvement with the 2018.18 update. I'm wondering if the previous bass settings was inducing some vibration on the cameras which could cause a failure with the new AP updates? I just can't piece together from all the post why Tesla would have messed with the sound system settings.

NewTMSMan said:
OK can confirm 2018.18 fixes heated steering wheel and also seems to have fixed equalizer for me as well.

Please elaborate on "seems to have fixed equalizer". Are you referring to the range returned to 12 from 8 in the EQ, or is this a qualitative sound assessment?

Glad everyone's steering wheel heater is working, just in time for summer.... My sound system still doesn't seem to be performing the same as pre- .12. Almost sounds like the wifee's Highlander now and have not noticed any improvement with the 2018.18 update. I'm wondering if the previous bass settings was inducing some vibration on the cameras which could cause a failure with the new AP updates? I just can't piece together from all the post why Tesla would have messed with the sound system settings.

I did read that some found they had to change the equalizer settings and then change them back to get improved sound.

Thanks brkaus for the reply. I did try this as well but didn't notice any difference with .18. The bass and volume levels are just not right.....I'm no Audiophile, but I can distinguish between a quality system and a bunch of speakers making noise. I never touched the EQ setting before this, so something definitely has changed. Previously, the sound quality was so crisp and immersive, I would feel like I was in a video while rolling to work in traffic pounding some Yanni (I'm old'ish)!

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
Yeah, I really dislike this too. The intention was that a recent AP disengagement + slow drifting over a lane line triggers a warning in case the user accidentally disengaged AP. The only way to defeat it seems to be to make a significant steering command alongside with disengaging AP.

It falsely triggers for me all the time when I try to do a smooth lane change on a straight highway.

I've been having this since I got the car in September, and Tesla has for months been telling me it's a feature, by design and that I'm doing something wrong. I've managed to show them the behavior on a drive and they still managed to tell me it was a side collision warning which was absolutely false. They're just trying to silence me, where all I want to hear is that it's a bug and will be fixed. It's been driving me crazy and for a long time I felt I was the only one with this issue but then saw more and more reports on this forum. I have another appointment with them, please could someone tell me what to tell them to convince my local SC that this is not normal behavior? It's almost like they've been programmed to not believe me.

Here's a video I made that still did not convince them.